Good News From Ford On TPMS

IronJ

On second thought I bet we were pulling the prices from the ford partners site with the reduced numbers for xyz plan members, as that is how I buy mine.....so that's the diff..

I just built it online using the ford site 350 platinum 6.7 dually
Ultimate package
Tow package
5th prep and hitch
Fx4 package
Up fitters
HD alternator
Bed liner

80,650 net price...
sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Bones

I built a superduty and was over 80 k ouch. Why doesn't the ford offer air bags or auto level?

avvidclif

Will ya'll hurry up and get your orders in so you can take delivery. I'm waiting for all the low mileage duallys fixin' to hit the market when everyone goes fancy.

SNOKING

Ford is not likely to start discounting these new marvels of technology anything soon, so it is going to be interesting to see how sales go. GM and Ram are going to have to up their game with more cameras, trailer tire monitoring, etc etc. What is a 80K truck going to do to insurance rates?

IronJ

Ford is not likely to start discounting these new marvels of technology anything soon, so it is going to be interesting to see how sales go. GM and Ram are going to have to up their game with more cameras, trailer tire monitoring, etc etc. What is a 80K truck going to do to insurance rates?

when I built it online the only rebate I qualified for is 500$....so no...not much happening there...

I have mine insured for replacement value plus an additional 15k rider for the aftermarket "upgrades" somewhere near 85k total...

It was only about 45$ more a month than plain coverage with 1000$ deducts.

I guess its all relative....in comparison to my 2010 GMC its quite a bit more.....but compared to my other superduty and all the ones Ive had before not as much....

so my point is "i think" that if you are coming from a late model 1 ton then it wont be much difference..

ironically my wifes suv had a higher sticker price than my truck and her policy is less....

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My paperwork showed a $1500 factory rebate. And some how he ended up getting me $7700 off of whole thing.

$850 registration gotta love California DMV

$6500 is sales tax

So after reading it closer it's actually $81k out the door not the $75k I said before

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SNOKING

My paperwork showed a $1500 factory rebate. And some how he ended up getting me $7700 off of whole thing.

$6500 is sales tax

So after reading it closer it's actually $81k out the door not the $75k I said before

Is it behind
Door No 1
Door No 2
or
Door No 3

:D:D:D

I have never had the patience to wait for a truck to be built. Also last fall when we sold the boat to buy a new truck, we did not have enough time to get it built and delivered before leaving for Arizona!

Chris

IronJ

Rebates vary by location...and there may be some dealer specific incentives...who knows ?..when you get it you won't remember that measly 80k...lol..

Which coincidentally is what I payed for the first house I ever bought!!! Back in 2002!! Lol..

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

80K truck pulling a 100K RV toss is another 100K and I could of got my diesel pusher.

But then I would of never found all of you.

pegmikef

Yeah make sure you check out the X plan (or the Y and Z plans). There are a lot of organizations associated with the Ford x plan so check them out. I happen to be a member of DAV and that qualified me. Saved me 9k on my F350 and I still got the dealer incentives of around 5K, plus a couple of others worth about another 1K.

IronJ

X is not always your best deal, as I have negotiated better deals in the past .. but on a high demand vehicle where there is little dealer incentive to go down on price it may be your best deal. Sometimes high dealerships work kinda funny....

Ford pays the dealer on x plan sales, but it does not count towards thier bottom line sales statistics..which in certain months may be more important than profit on one vehicle..

There are other things like hold back and monthly spiff that play a big part of the sales "picture"..

Even location...a small dealer may not be inclined to sell at invoice, but a major dealer may have no qualms doing so to get the numbers...

A better understanding of how the big picture works gets you the BEST deal...

Y and zay plans are awesome...but much harder to get a pin for...

BigGuy82

$6500 is sales tax

$850 registration!!! PLEASE tell me that was a typo. If you come back and tell me that's an annual fee and not just a one time theft, I swear I'll have a heart attack. I hope that for those kind of bucks you at least get a front AND back plate.

New York may well be the land of taxes, but I swear, that number makes us look like pikers. Have you ever thought of firing your politicians? Of course, New York is no slouch when it comes to taxing the crap out of you either ... but $850 ... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigGuy82

My big rig is $2400 a year
I guess after a while you get use to it.

A YEAR!!! Unless your "big rig" is a 45', million dollar Prevost, I'm shocked at what you pay. Really, you guys need to overthrow the government (at the ballot box, of course). As for me, I'd never get used to giving those thieves an annual reg fee of $2,400. Do you use your rig as a primary residence or is that just for DMV fees? And I thought New York was bad. If you are "full timers" paying property tax on an RV lot, I guess I can see it, but if those are DMV fees, I'm stunned!

porthole

Retired
On second thought I bet we were pulling the prices from the ford partners site with the reduced numbers for xyz plan members, as that is how I buy mine.....so that's the diff..

I just built it online using the ford site 350 platinum 6.7 dually

Tow package

Fx4 package

Which tow package? Do you need the tow package?

The fx4 is a joke. The skid plates are available for $100. The shocks are rancho branded, white painted motorcraft shocks, which many people on the ford forums found bad at a low mileage (under 10K for me)
And the fx decal - took that off mine when it was new so the nice white diamond pant shined through.

IronJ

Which tow package? Do you need the tow package?

actually there is no tow package...my bad....I think I meant camper package

The fx4 is a joke. The skid plates are available for $100. The shocks are rancho branded, white painted motorcraft shocks, which many people on the ford forums found bad at a low mileage (under 10K for me)
And the fx decal - took that off mine when it was new so the nice white diamond pant shined through.
Yeah actually didn't look at what came with fx4. I just clicked it to add more stuff to price as most dealers around here add it to the 4x4 ...and actually there is no tow package...I guess I meant camper package.

The shocks do suck bad!!

Hence why mine are now all fox 2.0 (including duals on steering stab)

And the sticker don't even come on the platinum trucks!!..should be a discount!!

I do know that on my last truck it was cheaper to add the fx4 package (because of some dealer incentive) than to order the 3.55 e lock, decent control , and Michelin all terrain tires on 20" wheels seperatly...

porthole

Retired
Things change a bit when you go DRW, mainly the added feature 'Hill Descent' is not available on the DRW. So you are paying for a non option.
So far E-lockers are also not available on the DRW, thats too bad.

IronJ

Yeah drw automatically switches you to the ls rear in 373 or 430. Plus you lose the sticker and hill decent ( which I don't think you can get on any dually anyway)..so yeah ...the fx4 is pretty worthless on a platinum dually.

I found my window sticker and it was msrp @73,265

So given all you get with the new similar equipped 350 dually 80k ain't too bad in my book??

Plus I think that new reg cab dually looks cool!!..max towing setup!!..gonna need a bigger trailer!! Lol

Aandaar

$850 registration!!! PLEASE tell me that was a typo. If you come back and tell me that's an annual fee and not just a one time theft, I swear I'll have a heart attack. I hope that for those kind of bucks you at least get a front AND back plate.

New York may well be the land of taxes, but I swear, that number makes us look like pikers. Have you ever thought of firing your politicians? Of course, New York is no slouch when it comes to taxing the crap out of you either ... but $850 ... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In California these are yearly DMV fees. My 2014 just cost me about $700. Can't wait to retire and get the heck out .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie