Gooseneck attachment removal

ash

Hello All,

I have a question about my gooseneck adapter, please pardon my lack of knowledge as I'm away from my camper and don't have the specifics. What I'm wondering is, how hard is it to remove the adapter? I'm planning on selling my camper and know that many don't have a gooseneck and may prefer the regular hitch. If it can be removed is it fairly ease, with the proper tools, or is it best to take it in to have it done?

I've included a picture so it might help better to see what I have. It's a little difficult to see but you'll get the general idea.

2012-07-07_18-41-30_763 (1).jpg

I'd greatly appreciate any help

Thank You
Ashley
2900MK 2012 Sundance

HornedToad

You can check etrailer.com or maybe the manufacture website for an installation video of your gooseneck adapter
to get a good idea of what's involved in removal.

I think some of these adapters recommend welding in place, if that's the case then removal could get messy.

I considered installing one of these adapters and was surprised at how easy the installation appeared in the video.
I do remember one model did come with a special tool.

priorguy

Etrailer.com has some great YouTube videos for installing if just about everything onto anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildwolfproducts

The ones I have seen mounted. Were only held on by bolts, and takes around 30 minutes to take this part off. Our son is going to add this to there 5th wheel. And I'm sure he will be calling for me to help mount it.
Pete

caissiel

It was easier to install then fixing the broken frame that it caused when the emergency tow truck installed it on my previous unit.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk