Great experience

Gao

We purchased a gateway in Aug 2013 this being our fifth fifth wheel. Upon taking a 4000 mile trip it developed problems. We brought it back to the dealer ( Divie Rv Hammond La.) the unit had severe problems. Dixie and Heartland gave us a new unit and they went the extra mile and gave us a 2014. This is service on Dixie and Heartland' part. we love our unit and think they are great.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We purchased a gateway in Aug 2013 this being our fifth fifth wheel. Upon taking a 4000 mile trip it developed problems. We brought it back to the dealer ( Divie Rv Hammond La.) the unit had severe problems. Dixie and Heartland gave us a new unit and they went the extra mile and gave us a 2014. This is service on Dixie and Heartland' part. we love our unit and think they are great.

I am glad to hear you had good service at Dixie. I have heard some not so go stories from that location.
Also, welcome to the forum, I am the Louisiana chapter leader and would like for you to consider joining the owners club and possibly joining us at a rally or two. I have one planned in new Iberia over Halloween weekend and another next spring at Cajun palms. Would love to see you at one or both. Btw I am in the lake Charles area if I can ever do anything for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garypowell

Would you mind sharing what was wrong? It's good to hear a good story like this every so often but curious what caused them to take such a drastic action.

Thanks,

Gao

Sorry that I did not reply sooner. We purchased in Aug 2013 and took a 4000 mi trip and unit developed problems.the sidewall and floor was improperly attached to floor joists. Dixie said that the only repair was to competely take the unit down and rebuild which they would not do. They had the factory send a new unit. Since then the dometic AC went out and Dixie came through again and is replacing it as it is still under warranty. They have treated us great and now that they are opening a dealership in Breaux Bridget it will be a lot closer as we live in Kinder La. We have bought with other dealers and Dixie has given us great service.