Greystone help/ electrical control panel

Hello guys and gals, while out of town for a week I came home and noticed my control panel in the pic stopped lighting up. Wife said the lights started getting dimmer and dimmer and now won't light up at all. Any suggestions what's wrong. Thanks.
emegu7up.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

brianharrison

Still have 12V at panel? Does the pump or heater light turn on when activated?
Ground still good - same as above

If yes above, sounds like the circuit board may be shorted out in the KIB monitor panel - A call to HL Customer service and you can order one if needed.

PS - The thin cover plate pops off and there are 4 small screws in behind to remove the panel if you wish to look behind. You may see a loose wire - if not the circuit board is probably gone.

I am getting no lights from pump or heater when pressed. Also the test button won't light up any water levels. Have not checked with volt meter yet and can't till I get to storage and get tools..

I'm living in it. Its hooked up to 50amp. I have disconnected based battery 3 weems ago because it was getting too hot and boiling. Thats another problem. Everything worked fine till I went out of town last friday. Just got back today. My wife for some reason listened to a neighbor at rv park and turned on pump, even though we are hooked up to city water. They told her it would increase water pressure. Since then she noticed light for pump to start to dim then went out completely. Which leaves me now in this state.

brianharrison

I'm living in it. Its hooked up to 50amp. I have disconnected based battery 3 weems ago because it was getting too hot and boiling. Thats another problem. Everything worked fine till I went out of town last friday. Just got back today. My wife for some reason listened to a neighbor at rv park and turned on pump, even though we are hooked up to city water. They told her it would increase water pressure. Since then she noticed light for pump to start to dim then went out completely. Which leaves me now in this state.

I suggest to reconnect the batteries, fill with distilled water up to 1/4 below the bottom of the fill holes (needs gas space across top of battery). The converter may need the batteries connected to operate properly.

Disconnect the shore power while you are doing this. You do not want short out anything.E

EDIT: The 9200 series Progressive Dynamics converter should put out 12V without the batteries installed. I have not found info yet on the 9100 series (which I think you may have in the Greystone).

EDIT2: sounds like there may be something else going on with the 12V system that may have happened at the same time - Use the 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostics that Dan always links - good source. Check to see if other 12V systems are operational - like 12V lights? If OK it may just be fuse on the power to the panel/water pump/ - check the 12V fuse in the DC distribution panel.

Hope this helps,
Brian

Last edited:
Is it best to check a fuses or is their a diagram that shows where each fuse goes too.

brianharrison

The 12v fuse panel will have a label showing the fuse slot number and the main purpose for that circuit (1 through 12 or 16 depending on how many 12v circuits can be run from your specific 12v panel)

Usually the water pump and monitor panel are on the same circuit, in the installations like yours where the pump switch is integral with he monitoring panel.

Hope this helps.
Brian

Does anyone know where converters are located at in these heartland fifth wheels

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Converters are behind the cargo bay, but if your lights are working it probably isn't the converter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

evolvingpowercat

Doubt turning on the water pump switch or having your battery disconnected have anything to do with the problem. The fact that the LEDs started getting dimmer would suggest the ground wire or 12 volt wire have started to go open and finally went totally open. If it was the fuse it would gone from good to nothing instantly.

Ok thanks. I searched for converter in cargo bays and in bay where battery is located. Cant find converter any where.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned earlier, the converter is located behind the basement wall.
You will have to remove a black panel.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Cookie and others. I found it through the pump black panel. There isn't a panel for converter so I guess I may have to access it from breaker panel once removed or take all panels off under basement.