Happening again???

Rdsharp

Ok, it is happening again, our bedroom slide out is working, but the two main slide outs are not? This happened before, we thought we had it fixed, but it's happening again? Any words of wisdom to share???

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

danemayer

The bedroom slide may have an electric motor. The others are probably hydraulic. What do you mean when you say they don't work?

They're in and won't move out?

They're out and won't move in?

They move, but start and stop?

Do you have individual switches for each slide?

Do your landing gear/auto leveling jacks work?

ram22

I have a 2015 North Trail 22FBS and the only (electric) slide-out would not retract in April. Called Heartland and to their credit they answered the phone and talked me thru manual retraction. Fortunately I had a cordless drill with me, now regular equipment. After driving 600 miles home I tried again out of curiosity and it extended and retracted normally. WTH! I called Heartland back and they could only speculate, loose wiring, or dead spot in motor where armature stopped. I have no idea, but there you go. Good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdsharp

danemayer, in response to your questions. One of them is out and won't cone in, other is in won't cone out. And the leveling jacks will not work as well.

Rdsharp

There is no power to them at all. We can not get to the circuit breaker because the kitchen slide will not go out?

danemayer

The hydraulics pump is not running. If you can't hear it trying to run, it's probably not getting any power from the batteries.

If you turn on your auto leveling control panel and cycle it to check voltage, when on shore power you should read 13.2 - 13.6 V from the power converter. If you're reading less than 13V, power from the converter is not getting to the batteries. This is usually caused by a tripped 12V DC manual-reset mini-circuit breaker near the batteries. There's a group of these small breakers connected by a copper buss bar and they are covered by a red rubber boot. One breaker has a teeny-tiny very hard to see reset button. If you reset and the auto leveling control panel starts reading 13.2 - 13.6V, the batteries will get recharged and the hydraulics should start operating again within a fairly short time.

I've attached a picture showing the row of breakers with the red rubber boot removed and a picture of the manual-reset breaker. The arrangement of your breakers could be different from what's pictured.

Attachments

• circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Buss Bar boot off Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar boot off Notated.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 55

Rdsharp

Thank you, we are going to go try that now.... and you are a genius!!! They are already working... 😊😊😊 yippee...

Mrsfish

Thank you, we are going to go try that now.... and you are a genius!!! They are already working... 😊😊😊 yippee...

let's just be careful how we throw out that 'genius' label. We need to keep Dan in check so he never leaves!!

ram22

Dan, Would you look at my reply above about a similar experience with my 22FBS electric motor/chain drive slide? It mysteriously worked after driving 12 hours. Could there be a similar bus bar and breaker as you point out here? Fuses were good and rest of the electrical system worked normal with and without shore power when the slide would not retract electrically... Thanks in advance. Mark

The hydraulics pump is not running. If you can't hear it trying to run, it's probably not getting any power from the batteries.

If you turn on your auto leveling control panel and cycle it to check voltage, when on shore power you should read 13.2 - 13.6 V from the power converter. If you're reading less than 13V, power from the converter is not getting to the batteries. This is usually caused by a tripped 12V DC manual-reset mini-circuit breaker near the batteries. There's a group of these small breakers connected by a copper buss bar and they are covered by a red rubber boot. One breaker has a teeny-tiny very hard to see reset button. If you reset and the auto leveling control panel starts reading 13.2 - 13.6V, the batteries will get recharged and the hydraulics should start operating again within a fairly short time.

I've attached a picture showing the row of breakers with the red rubber boot removed and a picture of the manual-reset breaker. The arrangement of your breakers could be different from what's pictured.

danemayer

Dan, Would you look at my reply above about a similar experience with my 22FBS electric motor/chain drive slide? It mysteriously worked after driving 12 hours. Could there be a similar bus bar and breaker as you point out here? Fuses were good and rest of the electrical system worked normal with and without shore power when the slide would not retract electrically... Thanks in advance. Mark

Mark,

So far as I know, every Heartland trailer has a row of mini-circuit breakers near the battery. And I'd expect your electric slide is powered from one of those breakers. The primary power source for the breakers is the battery. If the battery isn't getting charged while on shore power, it'll eventually run down and won't be able to power the slide motor, whether electric or hydraulic. The electric slide draws less power than a hydraulic pump so it may work when the hydraulics don't, as in RDsharp's situation.

Your buss bar/breakers may look a bit different and you probably don't have as many breakers as in the picture I posted. But there's still going to be a manual-reset breaker that connects the power converter and the battery. And when it trips, the battery won't get recharged from shore power.

But, the connection from the truck will slowly recharge the battery while towing. So if your manual breaker was tripped, and the battery ran down, there wouldn't be enough power to bring the slide in. But after towing there would be.

If you have shore power available, one easy way to determine if the breaker is tripped is to check the interior lights. They should operate normally on shore power because they get power from the power converter. But as soon as you unplug from shore power, the power converter shuts down, and if the manual reset breaker is tripped, the lights will go out because they can't get power from the battery.

We have a 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide that may help you to picture all this.

mlpeloquin

Suggestion...get yourself a spare breaker. They seem to never trip just once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The breaker in question can be maid to trip by unplugging from shore power without turning off the breakers first. It won't happen every time. So remember to always make sure that the power pole breakers are off to plug in and off to unplug.

ram22

The breaker in question can be maid to trip by unplugging from shore power without turning off the breakers first. It won't happen every time. So remember to always make sure that the power pole breakers are off to plug in and off to unplug.

Good advice. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk