Hard wired surge protector on 2013 cyclone 3010

VAbow

Completed the install the other day. I want to THANK everyone for the support. Moving on to the next project, old Mr slinky.

oscar

Ah, THAT Mr. Stinky, eh Slinky. I need to do that myself. Right now it's in a garbage bed of the truck, but that's not the most elegant solution in the world.

VAbow

Mr. Stinky work too. LOL.

Special THANKS out to Vtxkid for coming over and helping with the install. Love this form.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
That is the choice you have to make when you already have two inputs. Like Scot mentions, most of us with Genset's prefer to have the protection from either input. Genset's can fail too.
As far as replacing a failed transfer switch because the EMS was installed after, It appears a basic 50A transfer switch runs around $125-$200. Placing the EMS on the shore power only would allow potentially bad generator power to damage a very expensive Air conditioner unit. I think my choice would be to replace a transfer switch rather than 1 or more Air Conditioning units and anything else damaged by bad power. A transfer switch would still be less than an insurance claim too.

porthole

Retired
As far as replacing a failed transfer switch because the EMS was installed after, It appears a basic 50A transfer switch runs around $125-$200. Placing the EMS on the shore power only would allow potentially bad generator power to damage a very expensive Air conditioner unit. I think my choice would be to replace a transfer switch rather than 1 or more Air Conditioning units and anything else damaged by bad power. A transfer switch would still be less than an insurance claim too.

Other then loose wires occasionally, I don't recall any issues with transfer switches. So using the Progressive EMS makes sense only when installed post transfer switch.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
So using the Progressive EMS makes sense only when installed post transfer switch

Now your telling us that we have to put a post in our trailer to mount it on... Egads... next we will have to install anchors to drag down the highway...

Don't stop me guys... I am on a roll tonight..

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob.......such a character!!! It doesn't matter that I have no clue what this is all about...it still makes me chuckle!! Keep up the comic relief...it makes it all worthwhile!!