Has anyone used the outside TV with Direct TV.....

bobsue2

if so how did you ......

1) connect the receiver to the TV

2) connect the coax from the dish to the receiver

Thanks

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Yes,
1, Our receiver is connected to the bedroom tv by an s video cable. I just ran an HDMI cable from the direct tv receiver in the bedroom to the tv we use in the basement area. We use an RF directtv remote to work the receiver.

2. Its connected to the prewired sat wiring to the bed room.

Its not the only way to do it, but the way we did it. We didnt want to have another reciever outside, and we hardly ever watch the tv in the bedroom , but we can if we want to. I sprung for the HDMI cable to the outside because we have HD service from direct tv. running S video cable out to the basement would be cheaper.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a Reciever box at each of my 3 TVs. Even the one in the Basement. It was easy to run a new cable to since it is right by the UDC.

jbeletti

I run an HDMI 2-output splitter at the living room receiver. One side of that splitter feeds the living room TV and the other feeds the TV in the outdoor entertainment system. The HDMI cable runs in the underbelly across the width of the coach and runs with the slide wiring harness of both slides.

Hippy

Hello Jbeletti. My name is Hippy. I was looking for info on how to wire several tv's using one receiver when I came across what you did. Using an HDMI splitter to the other tv's. However you did mention running a wire thru the underbelly of the 5th wheel. Was that HDMI you ran underneath and was it complicated to run? I'm very mechanically incline but sometimes the unknown is scary. What s the make of your HDMI splitter? 2013 3010re Bighorn

jbeletti

Hi Hippy,

Yes, the HDMI cable was run out of the Entertainment slide, across the underbelly and up into the Dinette slide for the outside entertainment TV. I didn't run it - the factory did. But I've run other wires in the underbelly. In fact, recently, I ran 3 Ethernet cables from the Entertainment slide to the coat closet. Some club buddies assisted me. These things are very doable if you are persistent.

Are you sure about the practicalness of running 3 TVs from the same receiver in the sense that they all must watch the same channel at the same time? If you're okay with that, then proceed. There are also other protocols that can be used besides HDMI. You can use HDMI over Ethernet. Similar in cost depending on the brand of gear you get.

Check with monoprice.com on the HDMI splitters, cables as well as the HDMI over Ethernet gear. In the old days, I'd say another protocol to consider was doing it all at RF by using an RF modulator at the output of the receiver and run a single coax to each TV. But today's TVs have only an ATSC (digital television) tuner in them. I suppose one could buy an ATSC modulator - I've just never looked for one recently.

Running lines in the underbelly area is not difficult. Take your time, use a fish tape of fiberglass rods for wire pulling to make it lot easier.

Subdrv

if so how did you ......

Thanks[/QUOTE

not sure which antenna you are using here is the link I used to set up my whole home system in the 4000. I have have the traveler 3005. The only part of the install I don't like is the dealer installed all the cables on the roof and did drops for each tv( 3 more roof holes to keep sealed). I can watch any channel are recorded show on any tv. The only problem I have found is if one tv is watch a recorded show the others can only watch live tv. I have one recorder and 3 control boxes one at each of the 4 tvs. The next thing is to figure out how to connect to the campground secure WiFi. I think installing a bridge will fix that.

http://www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/2452242.pdf

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
if so how did you ......

Thanks

Myself I just split the signal behind the uds that comes from my rooftop dish. The dish comes from roof to front closet to the power inserted and the 4 way, from the there it goes back up to the prewire the BC has in the ceiling and that goes back down to udc. In the udc I took the signal that goes back to bedroom tv and used another directv green label 2 way and sent one back to tv upstairs and ran the other to side of basement where I mounted tv. This way I can have 3 tv's and all watch something different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Theresau

Our power splitter which Directv installed in the UDC had an openiing - we just run a cable from there to the receiver in the basement. Works like a charm. Actually now it runs to the Genie client in the basement. That works great as well. :)

jbeletti

Hello Jbeletti. My name is Hippy. I was looking for info on how to wire several tv's using one receiver when I came across what you did. Using an HDMI splitter to the other tv's. However you did mention running a wire thru the underbelly of the 5th wheel. Was that HDMI you ran underneath and was it complicated to run? I'm very mechanically incline but sometimes the unknown is scary. What s the make of your HDMI splitter? 2013 3010re Bighorn

Hi Hippy,

I used an inexpensive 1x2 HDMI splitter from MonoPrice.com. Don't know the part number. I did not run the HDMI cables but have run other cables. It involves drilling holes in the floor of your slide rooms, outside from the bottom. Then possibly holes inside the back of the cabinets. If that hasn't scared you off - continue.

Pull down the underbelly material and fish the HDMI cable across. Pull the connectors and cable through existing I-beam frame penetrations. Route the cable along the flex-guards along with other AC/DC cables and up into the holes you drilled.

Be very careful to not order too short a cable. To go across the coach from the livingroom entertainment TV area on the ODS to the outdoor entertainment TV area on the DS, you'll want a 50 foot HDMI cable. To get to the bedroom TV from the livingroom entertainment area would likely require a 75 foot cable.

Before installing any of this, I would lay it all out on the floor, plug it all in to the TVs, the receiver and the HDMI splitter to make sure it's all going to work. HDMI signaling can be finicky. Also, don't forget to order a short HDMI cable to connect the receiver to the input of the HDMI splitter.

Mizmary

Our power splitter which Directv installed in the UDC had an openiing - we just run a cable from there to the receiver in the basement. Works like a charm. Actually now it runs to the Genie client in the basement. That works great as well. :)

That's how we get cable there as well.