Heading North again

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We'll be heading back up to our rig at Indian River, MI, on Thursday for the last time this season. So far, the weather forecasts don't look too bad, so there'll be some time out on the lakes before we pack it up, winterize, and haul it home next week. Hopefully, the repair tech up there will have gotten the parts from Dometic that were ordered before Labor Day to fix the awning. If not, we'll take it to General RV and let them deal with it. Need to have them adjust the main slide a little, anyways. It seems to be about an inch shy of fully deployed on the bottom. Nothing leaks, but there is a noticeable lip under the carpet in front of the table and sofa. Other than those two items, everything else on the BH has been good during the summer. Even the sofa bed and Half-time oven :rolleyes:. Did have to replace about 8 of the 12V lights, though. Got one of the 9-LED units over the stove (much nicer), will be replacing the rest over time.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
John & Darlene, have a safe, peaceful and quiet Winter. It was great to meet you folks and spend a little time with you and Thanks Again for the tour of the lake. I hope we can get over that way next year. Take Care

JohnDar

John & Darlene, have a safe, peaceful and quiet Winter. It was great to meet you folks and spend a little time with you and Thanks Again for the tour of the lake. I hope we can get over that way next year. Take Care

Thanks, Ray. It was nice to meet you and Lin, too. If you come by and spend more time, I've got a new Fishfinder on the 'toon, that can actually read the bottom without being tossed overboard :eek:. Might even be able to catch something now.

rick_debbie_gallant

Hey John:
Perhaps we could meet and introduce each other. Debbie and I will be leaving for Texas the middle of October for the winter, except for a couple of weeks when we fly back to Flint for a couple of weeks during Christmas.

Later

JohnDar

Hey John:
Perhaps we could meet and introduce each other. Debbie and I will be leaving for Texas the middle of October for the winter, except for a couple of weeks when we fly back to Flint for a couple of weeks during Christmas.

Later

That's a distinct possibility. We'll be home from late October until the campground opens next May, catching up on all the home projects. We're driving down to Myrtle Beach for a couple of weeks in October, without the rig. Might pull the BH down to Dayton in April for a few days to visit the AF Museum, read they have a decent FamCamp on base...just to get some road time on it.