Heading West

gschaaf

Here is some pics of Devils Tower we had a good time there and will be heading to Cody and Yellowstone for a week. Will send more pics later.image.jpgimage.jpg

cjhicks

Judy and I have ventured out on our own for a couple of weeks. We spotted Glen and Fran at a Campground on our way over the Big Horn Mountains . We stopped for the night at The Wind River RV Park in Riverton, WY. along with another Big Horn and a Cyclone. Tomorrow we are headed to Jackson Hole,Wy for 3 nights of Dry Camping and then on to West Yellowstone for 4 nights . We will meet Glen and Fran at Glacier NP. Sorry that we have not posted any pictures of the beautiful sights that we have seen along our way, but we have tried with our laptop and the Ipad and something is wrong with our settings and we cannot post any pictures.

dix36

Not to worry........some things are just too beautiful to describe or capture in a picture anyway. You will have them where they count...in your minds!

gschaaf

We're here Wild Bill Cody SP for the night running on generator power. I bought it to run the a/c but didn't need it is cool and nice breeze off the lake. Here are some pics of this beautiful country. The one on the mountain fits the pic we were crossing the Big Horn Mountains 9666 ft above sea level what a ride. We are heading towards Yellowstone today.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

gschaaf

Yeah Bill it has been a good ride. Just got back from a day in Yellowstone went to the upper falls and then walked down to the lower falls. Walking back up was a killer I thought I was going to need a shot of oxygen all is good. See ya down the road!!

gschaaf

Here are pics of upper and lower falls in the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. Having a great time. See ya back east soon.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

oldmannj

Thanks again for posting all the awesome pics of your trip!!! It sure is purty out there. Safe travels, and come home soon...we miss youz guyz. ED.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Glad you're having a great time! Thank you for sharing all these photos with us! Beautiful! Keep them coming!

gschaaf

Thanks Deb we're taking a day of rest today going back into Cody to see the rodeo tonight. Tell Duane all I've seen since leaving Goshen is cycles and campers. It is giving me the bug to buy another scooter but then I will have to buy a Cyclone!!! See you guys soon.

Hick1

Hi you two. We have been looking at the pictures you have been posting. They are beautiful! I am getting anxious to leave home and get back on the road. Next Rally is Verona NY. Apple is giving away a few apps. There is a neat one I just downloaded called "Day One". It allows you to keep a journal of your trip.
Safe travels, see you soon.
Pat & Ed

cjhicks

Well we survived our first Dry Camping stop at Gros Ventre NP with only one small problem, we could only take on about 1/3 of a tank of fresh water due to the water coming back out of the fill hole, so we ran out of water on the second night. Next time I will try adding a 6' piece of tubing to the hose. Had a great time in Jackson, got to see our first Moose and Elk along with more Buffalo. We took the tram to the top of Jackson Hole Mtn. Ski Area, 10,450', it was beautiful to see the summit again, as we had skied this mountain about 15 years ago. Today we traveled to Lions Head RV Park in West Yellowstone. Via the Teton Pass 8450' elev. and a 10% grade down for 3 miles. Not to mention the climb up before reaching the down part. Upon entering Idaho we traveled a beautiful EASY scenic, route 33/32/20 into Montana. We will be here for 5 nights and will explore Yellowstone Park.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Glenn, Fran, Calvin and Judy you guys are having way too much fun out there. Keep posting the pics because they are beautiful. I can't wait to sit around a fall campfire and hear all the tales from your adventure! Keep on keepin' on and be safe!

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Great to hear from you folks again and where you are now. Stay safe and see you in the fall.

Hick1

What state are you two in? Looks like your having a great time! See you in Sept if you decide to come back.

gschaaf

Yeah Pat and Ed we are still in Wyoming leaving on Sunday for Montana. Have a few other Heartland models here at the cg. We talked to a few to let them know about the HOC one is from your neck of the woods. They said they were going to go online and check things out. See ya soon. Hey take care of that table for us or your niece will shoot ya!!!