Heartland 22. 2013 bought new off lot in 2016

Walbeck

We have extensive water damage in the front of our unit and have bee waiting a year or more for dealer to repair. Is this going to happen again?

danemayer

Hi Walbeck,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sorry to hear you have water damage, but I'm wondering why you're waiting a year or more for the dealer to fix it. There's nothing that can't be done in a couple of weeks. If the dealer is saying they're waiting on something from Heartland, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Heartland can tell you if the dealer has made any contact, if any parts have been ordered, and if so, what the status would be.

Btw, if you bought a 2013 model year trailer in 2016, and you're the first owner, that trailer was built between early 2012 and early 2013, and sat on the dealer lot for 3 + years. Unfortunately, dealers rarely do any maintenance on trailers on their lot. So whereas the owners manual directs you to check all caulking and seals a couple of time per year, and maintain as necessary, it's pretty likely the dealer didn't do that. That could very well be the cause of the water damage.

It's also possible you could have a plumbing leak that caused the damage. I recall an owner 5 or 6 years ago who heard his water pump periodically cycling when he wasn't using water. He didn't investigate and after 6 months or so found he had serious damage.

Will it happen to your trailer again? Only if the repairs are done incorrectly.