Heartland comes through again!

arisce

We were at the rally in Goshen and had a terrific time. Our 3 minor repairs were fixed, but Bill noticed a small crack in the fiberglass under 1 corner of the bedroom slide. After talking to Marvin (thanks, Marv!), we took it to the factory on Monday, June 15, where they looked at it and told us to return Thursday, which we did. They had to reweld a gusset in the front section of the frame. While the rig was there, the crew took it upon themselves to change several small things like the hood outlet, the outside covers for the furnace and fridge, and replace the antenna. At all times, we have found the repair crews to be extremely polite, friendly and knowledgeable.
The customer service from this company is outstanding and is the reason we stay with Heartland. There are few RV companies out there which can match Heartland for their dedication to keeping their customers happy.
THANK YOU HEARTLAND!

Cheryl

We have been trying to get them to fix our crack since the summer of 2006. Sounds like you had the same crack. Is your unit still under warranty? Or did you have to pay to have it fixed?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Humm - wish we were closer to the factory :(. We also have the same crack under the bedroom slide and have been unable to get it fixed locally.

arisce

More than a small crack...

My wife called it a small crack but that was only the sign of something serious. When Marvin (thanks Marvin) looked at it we found a weld gusset that had come undone and was putting a lot of stress on the front frame. The whole front had shifted. Large gaps in the bedroom closet where I could put my whole hand through. So it was more than a small crack. However Lippert came to the factory and repaired and reinforced the frame-at no charge. The frame was still under the guarantee. You cannot tell where the gusset or crack was. If you do have a small crack then I would look at the frame for stress signs-inside and out. Sometimes a crack is a crack but other times it is an indication that something is wrong. Have your dealer look at it closely.I asked Marvin to look at it because he is knowledgeable and he had a similar situation. Hope this helps.
William

Cheryl

Unfortunately our dealer sold us our unit and then never dealt with Heartland again. That was part of the problem. Every time Nelson called the factory to ask where he could take it to get it fixed, he was told they would find a dealer and get back to him - which they never did. First he spoke with Scott Tuttle, he left the company, then Randy (can't remember his last name), he left the company, lately Jim Fenner who flat out refused to help, even though it was explained to him that we have been trying to get them to fix it since it was still in warranty. I even emailed him, pointing him to threads on this site from 2006 discussing this issue as proof.
I would like to mention that Jim Beletti tried to help out with us going in a different direction than getting it fixed (thanks Jim) but it didn't work out.

arisce

Unfortunately our dealer sold us our unit and then never dealt with Heartland again. That was part of the problem.

We had the same situation. Our dealer sold us our unit and failed to mention that they were no longer dealing with Heartland. We were orphaned. We had to find a dealer that was further away. Luckily we went to the first rally and Heartland listened to our complaints and we were satisfied. We went to the last rally and we had problems that again Heartland listened and Lippert fixed to our satisfaction. And that was 3 years after the guarantee expired. Buying from a good dealer is the first step in the process of buying and owning an RV. That said...
P.S. Our dealer claims they dropped Heartland and Heartland claims they dropped the dealer. Either way it was up to the dealer to inform me about this and they did not. So I blame the dealer. As they say: I learned my lesson the hard way.

Cheryl

I also blame the dealer for not telling us. I agree it doesn't matter which one dropped the other, the dealer should have told us. However, that doesn't get our crack fixed. We are willing to take it further away if heartland would authorize us to get it fixed. We towed it to Jim May Rv (about 4 hours one way from us) to get some damage done by a defective rim fixed last fall.

arisce

Thank you Jim, Heartland and this forum...awesome combo

Dear Cheryl,
I see that in another thread that Heartland came through for you. I guess our thread predicted this: Heartland comes through AGAIN. I would say that this forum is a good reason to buy a Heartland. Good advice and good results. And we must not forget that Jim does a lot to attract and keep Heartland customers. Thank you Jim, Heartland and this forum. Makes a great combination. Keep us informed.
Good luck,
William