Heartland is curious. What do you think about this?

What do you think of this design feature?

• We like it.

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • We don't care for it at all.

Votes: 108 81.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtbigb

Looks good, nothing stays the same! You either keep moving are left behind, Can not wait to see the new floor plans because of this change!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Do not like it ..main reason....looks like when slide is in there is no access to the upstairs.

Vinny773

I have to agree with others who said the outside steps/stairs look horrible and may not be practical. The Rhino roof is the best. Overall I don't care for it. Heartland continue doing what you are doing just step up your Quality Control Before the rigs leave the factory and get to the dealership.

Birchwood

Without doing and in depth steady.......the visible steps are certainly different and is the slide location a good choice.I have never been impressed with Peterson Industries fifth wheels and wouldn't give them a second look.

dbbls59

Many places I camp have a paved area to park on and there is a drop off of a few inches off the black top. Some times the step is right at the edge of the drop off now. Extend it another 2 or 3 feet and This would make it worse. For this reason I would not like the door in the slide.

shovelguy

Do not know if anyone else mentioned this....would you still be able to get into the rig for access to the bathroom/kitchen en route? I did not like the outside looks, personally.

danemayer

Stairs stick out an additional 2-2 1/2 feet (however far the slide goes out). That would be a problem in many parks I've visited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Ugly steps, like the layout, remove the 1/2 bath, Rhino roof should not add that many $$$. eight foot bed with rails wrapped only cost $400.00 cash

Rickhansen

Like the Rhino Roof, The UDC, the split front compartment door, but the slide entry door - NOT SO MUCH.

kkamshop

The thing I noticed about this particular floorplan is that there is not a lot of storage - anywhere in the unit, not in the bath, the bedroom, the kitchen or the living room.

That might contribute to the "open feel" but where do we put our stuff?

Speedy

The door in the slide does offer more openness to that slide but the steps hanging on the side of the door is just plain poor engineering. How about having the stairs stored inside the door like on a business jet. Hidden from view while transporting and easily deployed after the door is opened; this design also keeps the stairs clean from road film. As mentioned in other posts there are many other features from other manufacturers that would be welcome on Heartland coaches. No vote for me.

travis_g

Don't like the door in the slide but check out the udc! That I want! Extra storage in the skirt is also brilliant as is the half door in the front.
Sent from my Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 using Board Express

piet10

I also think the steps are ugly on the side. But the biggest problem I have with the door in the middle of the slide is that the steps take up too much room under the awning. When it is raining I want as much area to sit as I can without steps cutting it in two.

Having said that I like the hickory cabinets, the battery storage under the floor, would love a Rhino roof and the UDC is awesome.

Al
HOC#2260

Mizmary

I definitely don't want that front door - I don't like how the door doesn't open fully and clip open for the breeze. I love having open windows and doors when possible - when we were looking to upgrade I looked at the bay hill but its lack of fully opening windows (and no openable windows in the rear bunk area) caused me to reject it. Despite all of its pluses.

The door and how its restricted opening would definitely be a deal breaker.

jjwink

It is very un attractive on the outside with the steps hanging there. There is no way to get to the bedroom with the slide in. Many times campsites are really tight. These steps add to the width needed in a site. It does make a nice interior layout. I would not buy this unit.

GOTTOYS

Instead of the latest and greatest floorplans like the competition, how about some quality tires as standard equipment and quality furniture and mattresses like some of the competitors have? JMHO...Don

Status
Not open for further replies.