Heartland is curious. What do you think about this?

What do you think of this design feature?

• We like it.

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • We don't care for it at all.

Votes: 108 81.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
At first glance I do not care for it. Thinking about the new stresses put on the slideout mechanism I wonder if this is good idea at all. Time will tell

This was my first thought also. Don't really care for the look either. Trace

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I also like the concept of being able to have larger slides on the right side of the fifth wheel, and like others have said we are not a big fan of the steps. Curious if the slide frame would be able to handle (over time) peoples weight going up and down the steps.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

KiwiRVer

Pluses and minuses.
The main plus is the awning covers the door, however, certainly in this floor plan, the awning does not cover the main storage compartment (my workshop) and the slide over the storage compartment would be a major problem (needs to be moved forward. The idea would probably work better with the bathroom in the standard side aisle location.
Agree with many, the stairs are ugly and stick out too far, both when stored and when deployed. Looks like there would be no access to bathroom when closed up.

shovelguy

Don't like it. In some of the parks we have been in, the sites are quite narrow, so that the slides are close to your neighbors. Adding a door and steps would make it worse and in extreme cases, almost impossible to get inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.