Heartland Landmark @ Plantation RV..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
On Saturday, we were carousing around the Sunnyvale, TX area and saw a Landmark. Stopped and knocked on the door. No answer but a pickup was parked in front. Didn't have a card to leave on the door. Might go by there again today when I go to the Dr. for the last time. Hope Hope Hope...

Didn't someone suggest a note we could leave on a Heartland RV if no one was home that would tell them about us and this forum..

My RV card is ok but I would like something already written out that I could just leave on the door.

READY to RALLY !!!!

BC

Here's a URL of the Plantation. It looks really neat, but it is not at all what I thought it would be. All worn gravel and not sure the sites are level. Check it out before you stay there.
http://www.plantationplacerv.com/

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Hey Bob,
At Christmas we were looking at Plantation RV park but decided to stay in Terrell at the Bluebonnet Ridge RV park. It was okay but just a way off from my daughters who live in Garland and Mesquite.

We're leaving next week for Kerrville for the sweetheart rally and then to the valley for a month.

See ya soon,

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Jay
I am on the way to Kerrville also on Monday. Already checked the slides to make sure they are still working, dumped and cleaned the holding tanks, drained and refilled the fresh water.

When in the Dallas area I stay at a private very small no amenities place near my daughter in McKinney

I like the CoE parks around Lavon. Close to Garland and not that far from Mesquite.
Terrell is quite a long way away. Only down side of the CoE parks around Lavon is that they lock the gates at 10:30 pm. If you stay out later than 10:30 you must walk from the gate to your site. East Fork is north of Wylie, TX.

It is a shame that there are not a lot of RV Parks around Dallas.
South of Fort Worth is RV Ranch. This is a nice one.
Between Dallas and Fort Worth is the Loyd Park at Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prairie TX.
I know there are a few more but these are the ones I like and where have stayed .

Attachments

• East Fork CoE Park Wylie.JPG
    East Fork CoE Park Wylie.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 5

jbeletti

It is a shame that there are not a lot of RV Parks around Dallas. South of Fort Worth is RV Ranch. This is a nice one.
Between Dallas and Fort Worth is the Loyd Park at Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prairie TX. I know there are a few more but these are the ones I like and where have stayed .

Bob,

I just arrived at Treetops RV Village south of Dallas in Arlington. Seems like a nice place.

I am in site 315. Will be here 4 nights. Pulling out for Kerrville early Wednesday morning.

Jim

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I may be delayed in getting to Kerrville.
I was going to pick up my grandsons today so they could spend the weekend with us before we leave for over a month and stopped to get fuel at a service station near the park with a good price on diesel. The truck soon began to blow out white smoke from the exhaust and run rough, then stopped running altogether. I got it started again for about ten seconds and it died again and would not start again.

I called a wrecker/service company to tow it in and they will diagnose the problem on Monday the day we had planned to leave, so we will be delayed in leaving until hopefully Tuesday. The station clerk was aware of the problem and gave me the telephone number for the company, which was not answered today (Saturday) so I will call them again on Monday, after I can find out what is wrong with the truck. It seems pretty obvious to me that it is bad fuel, but we'll see.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Jay
Sorry to hear about the problem with the truck. I think you are around Bourne TX, however I looked at your HOP and you are in Nevada by the lake. Your going to have a long drive.

Well it is Sunday morning and we are about ready to pull out. Sat here for 3 months. Checked out the trailer to see if the slides would still move, cleaned all the tanks. Will probably connect up tonight because it is suppose to rain tonight and tomorrow.