Heartland Luncheon in the RGV - February 17th, 2009 - Furr's Fresh Buffet in McAllen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

I'll be there about 11:20. Tell them at the desk you are there with the Heartland group in the private room. DON'T pay :)

Jim

jbeletti

Hi Roger,

Sorry I missed you before - you have been added! Thanks for knocking my head on this.

For everyone, we are officially 1 person over the max for the room. My sense is there will be a couple of no shows but at the same time, there may be a few people who did not officially sign-up. I will cover everyone - no problem. Just warning that the first 62 to fit in the room will eat in the room :)

I must say that I am overwhelmed at the response to this luncheon - in a good way! I had no idea we'd hit this number. I think it's great. See you all at 11:30.

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hey Jim,
Great Luncheon. We had a great time meeting everyone and seeing you again. Furrs was a great host and if we ever do it again we will know what the red knob on the wall if for LOL. Hopefully we will see many of you at the Houston Rally and then other in Goshen at the national rally. Thank you Heartland for a great luncheon and their concern for their customers. Oh, Penny says hi.

Tom of Ypsi

Jim and Heartland, Thanks for the great luncheon. In these times we realize that money is tight so putting something on like this is especially appreciated. Good to see old friends and make new ones and nice to put faces with names we only see on line.

Thanks again.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ditto on what jmgratz posted. Thanks to all for the great luncheon. Too bad we didn't think about birthday boy Tom of Ypsi. It was his birthday today. We could have gotten him a cake or????

jbeletti

Attached are some pictures that Wilma L and I took at today's luncheon.

We had at least 58 Heartlanders there today. Thank you all! It was fun.

Jim

Attachments

• DSC_0165.JPG
    DSC_0165.JPG
    479.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0166.JPG
    DSC_0166.JPG
    456.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0167.JPG
    DSC_0167.JPG
    439.9 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_0168.JPG
    DSC_0168.JPG
    476.7 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0169.JPG
    DSC_0169.JPG
    421.3 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_0170.JPG
    DSC_0170.JPG
    449.6 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_0171.JPG
    DSC_0171.JPG
    471.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Heartland Group.jpg
    Heartland Group.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Jim B..jpg
    Jim B..jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN0260.jpg
    DSCN0260.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN0257.jpg
    DSCN0257.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN0253.jpg
    DSCN0253.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
thanks for the photos.... When we left the valley to go back to the Houston Area this morning it was 72 degrees (87 degrees for a high yesterday). Arriving back in the Houston area it was 68 when we arrived. It is supposed to be 38 tonight. Maybe we should have stayed where it is warmer. Oh well.....

sleeps2

Dave and Julia
Please put our names in for the luncheon in the RGV. Looking forward to getting to some warmer weather. This spring in the middle of the country is cold. We are looking forward to the rally in June.

Dave and Julia Bachtell #1146 (sleeps2)
Will will be in Donna, TX in September

jbeletti

Hi Dave and Julie,

Sorry but this thread was for the Feb '09 luncheon. Sorry you missed it :(

Not sure if we'll do it in 2010. We maxed that place out as it was. I may go to Arizona to do a luncheon. Just don't know yet.

See you in early in Goshen to go to Yoders! Their pie is a little better than Furr's anyway :)

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Al, Where in Mission are you going to be. We will be in Mission West and several other HL owners are within a couple of miles. Some of us have talked about a get together this coming winter for a luncheon, potluck etc.

jbeletti

While this is an old thread that discusses a past event, I think it would be cool if Heartlanders got together on their own in the RGV. Pick a big place!

In the same vain, I am also planning "something". Still waiting for approval. It won't be at a restaurant though as the group is getting rather large. Thought I'd have a dozen at the '09 RGV luncheon and we had 60 :eek: could have 200 the next time :)

But don't wait for my thing to come through. Please continue to plan your own thing. And hopefully mine will come through too and we'll have 2 cool things in the valley.

Jim

Jim

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I can help! After we get back, mid-October, we all can decide on the type of location and I can scout something out for a get-together...just let me know!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.