Heartland Sued by Forest River-again

azbound

FR is acting a little like someone running in fear of the competition. The next suit will be over color.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
It is over the new Heartland MPG.
Heartland%20MPG%20exterior.jpg

That little thing is sooo cute! :) If it was just a wee bit shorter, I could put it in the Cyclone garage! :D :D

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
Here is a link to what I found to be interesting reading about prior litigation between Heartland Recreational Vehicles LLC and Forest River Inc. This is a copy of the counter suit or response to Heartland's suit filed on October 24, 2008 over alleged patent infringement of the turning radius by Forest River. This document does not give a disposition to the case and in fact my still be in court. Based upon what I could find (www.justia.com [Heartland v. Forest River]) it appears that as of Jan 4, 2010 the case is still pending.

It would appear that the current litigation is an effort by a an older, established company to "squash" another company who has taken away an increasingly larger share of the market.

This is a fairly long document, but keep reading towards the end where the response by Forest River describes their version of what happened at a private trade show put on by Forest River in Mishawaka, IN. I thought that what has been described as an "aggressive" marketing tactic by alleged Heartland employees was a stroke of genius. However Forest River did not see the humor in it.

This latest suit by Forest River is just another salvo directed at Heartland.

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/indiana/inndce/3:2008cv00490/56146/6/0.pdf

Love my Razor

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I see another law suit from FR on the horizon.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• DSC06412.JPG
    DSC06412.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 28

caissiel

I had a broken front beam on my previous SOB trailer, Had to repair it myself because I was 600 miles from an RV repair center. The Manufacturer never wanted to hear about my problems though there was a safety recall on the later models.
I looked at the HL design, and the FR design, and I am very pleased with the HL method of cutting the corner beam and the beams that reinforces the front of the pin box.. The FR method depends on many gussets and welds that will fatigue after time.
I also studied the Keystone arched beam and realized that is even worst on the connection and welds.
This front beam has twice the load of the next beam behind the pin box, and it needs to be well reinforced.
Well done HL, you did it right, very pleased with the lack of flex on my trailer, it was the first thing I observed when I hooked it on my truck.
I will not get burned twice.

bigredtruck

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to come up with a floorplan similar to the competitors There is only so much you can design into a rectanguar box on wheels. Eventually it will look like some other manufacturers design.
JMHO

Ditto - When you go to an RV show, they all end up looking the same by the time you are finished.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
As far as the lawsuits go. I'm still trying to figure how you could be sued over words in a dictionary. Such as "eagle ridge"...instead of "elk ridge". How in the world can 1 person own the words. I guess next if were to utter those words I can get sued??? Eagle...Eagle...Eagle.........so sue me. I wish the bottom feeders would leave the catfish alone. At least catfish are good for something. Bob:D EH

CrazyScotsman

OK Bob, I can see about 5 words you used in your post that I own. If you agree to pay me at least $5000 for each word I will not sue you. :)
Hey I have to come up with a way to pay my truck repair bill's. :)

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
Nice try. I admit nothing and deny everything. If the going gets real tough, I'll just run away and hide. (In my Razor)

Yikes! I better check and make sure I don't have a copied floor plan. That would be illegal or is that ill eagle.

wyleyrabbit

Suing for use of words is one thing, but you are likely not aware that T-Mobile apparently "owns" the color magenta. Yes, the "M" in every "CMYK" printer out there, including color laser printers and ink jets. Don't even think of using the color magenta in your logo if you have anything to do with communications or technology. Seriously.

This is beyond absurd, IMHO.

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
First Ken says I can't use his words or he will sue and now Chris tells me that T-mobile owns magenta.

Therefore I have changed my signature color to orange. Hmmm, maybe I better rethink that. Harley Davidson might have something to say about orange.

CrazyScotsman

Yes Bob you are now infringing on Harley Davidsons orange. I regret to say that I will have to turn you in to Harley . Now you can always cough up some cash and I will keep my gob shut.. :)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ken, what airline was bring your parts??? HUUMM. I wonder. I know a terrorist hijacked it. If you want BIG money just call the White House. Im sure they have a stimulous plan for you. I have one for you....but it runs on batteries. BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Bob