Heartland . . . What do we do . . . ?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, if you wanted HL to see your post...then it should have been in the "ASK THE FACTORY" threads. But that still does not mean you will get answer here.

If this has been going on from day one...why have you not contacted HL yourself?? If you have read anything on this "OWNER FORUM"...then you know that is what everyone tells someone to do...is CALL HL. If you lived near me, I would bring my chaulking gun with me and fix it. I am an owner trying to give advise...not HL nor a HL dealer. BTW, HL cannot make a dealer do anything. RV dealers ARE NOT CAR DEALERS.

Plain and simple....your dealer let you down and sounds like you have not been pro-active enough in getting the problem resolved. You cannot just stand outside your coach wringing your hands and expect a miracle to happen.

I'm not sure what you and some others are expecting to happen here on the "FORUM". Maybe Coley Brady to come on the screen with flowers in his hand. Posting on the FORUM will NOT get your coach fixed.....YOU HAVE TOO.

GET ON THE PHONE.....CALL HL.....IN A CALM MANNER....DISCUSS THE ISSUE WITH THEM. If you come across snippy....you will probably get....NOTHING.

EandJ

All this is good advice. It works. I had a large leak on my new trailer. The back bunk room got soaked the day after we bought it. I took it right back to the dealer I purchased it from. They had it a month and fixed it and a few other small things.

Next month, we got rained on again. Still had the leak - albeit a bit smaller.

I called Heartland and had a pleasant talk with Andrew (I think that was his name). Told him I wanted it fixed this time and could I use a different dealer closer to where I live instead of 250 miles a way. He said no problem, and even directed me to a local Heartland dealer that sold a different line than what I bought because he in a roundabout way said my local dealer of my product line did not have a good reputation for service.

I took it in and they had my trailer back to me fixed in four days.

The problem is your dealer. Get a new one.

JanAndBill

Always amazes me when threats like this pop up during these discusions.

After following this post for some time, it appears to me that no one is trying to silence you. This is and hopefully will always be a place where we can share and help others with problems, but bear in mind that Dan as a moderator is charged with keeping things cival and on track, according to forum guidelines. I may not always agree with him, but I respect the need for a moderator. There are a lot of friendly folks on here (Dan included) who's only goal is to help you resolve your problems, but you have to be willing to be proactive in helping yourself. If you try some of the suggestions offered here and that fails to work then by all means you should post the results, but to continue the same dialog gets nowhere, and can if left unattended by the moderator fall into a state that makes the forum useless for all of us. One possible idea not mentioned is that if there are any rallies coming up close to you I encourage you to attended as these are great opportunites for advice (and help) in fixing problems.

scottyb

John D, please call HL, direct and take the dealer out of the equation. I have been less than pleased and fairly critical of a few things regarding manufacturing and equipment, such as tires. However, I have had an incredibly good response to anything I have taken up directly with HL customer service. I have totally ruled out having anything to do with my dealer, unless it is imperitive that I do so. This has definitely kept my loyalty in line with HL..

readytohitheroad

After following this post for some time, it appears to me that no one is trying to silence you. This is and hopefully will always be a place where we can share and help others with problems, but bear in mind that Dan as a moderator is charged with keeping things cival and on track, according to forum guidelines. I may not always agree with him, but I respect the need for a moderator. There are a lot of friendly folks on here (Dan included) who's only goal is to help you resolve your problems, but you have to be willing to be proactive in helping yourself. If you try some of the suggestions offered here and that fails to work then by all means you should post the results, but to continue the same dialog gets nowhere, and can if left unattended by the moderator fall into a state that makes the forum useless for all of us. One possible idea not mentioned is that if there are any rallies coming up close to you I encourage you to attended as these are great opportunites for advice (and help) in fixing problems.

Interesting that someone has deleted by post. Wonder why? My post has also been deleted from my history file. Did not insult anyone or call anyone rude/snide (as other posts in this thread have, which posts have not been deleted as mine was). Would appear that this site has some very odd "rules" with respect to who gets to post what.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
A lot of good advise here not sure why you are so opposed to calling Heartland. It sounds more like an issue of your dealership failing to provide a solution for you and if you haven't called Heartland I don't see how you can blame them for not helping. Believe me when I say we have had issues with both our BH and Landmark but if you think you won't have an issue with any other SOB think again. What I have found is that anytime we worked TOGETHER with our dealership and helped them with explaining more in detail to Heartland as to what was going on with our issues there was never a hesitation on Heartland to help with a solution. Please save yourself some frustration and call Heartland you may be surprised by their response and forthcoming in helping to resolve your issue. This forum is a member forum not for a business to monitor. Good luck in your resolution.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
This forum is a member forum not for a business to monitor. Good luck in your resolution.

Don't think for a minute that Heartland is not reading this forum . . .

By the by . . . I will be updating the progress of this in the next day or so.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Certain topics may forward to corporate. But that doesn't mean they sit around reading every post, 24-7. Our owner-moderators (volunteers) help as much as they can to keep the content civil, respectful, non-threatening, helpful, and organized. Having a negative attitude in forum posts (or dealing with Heartland) doesn't really help anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kowAlski631

Have you called Heartland about the issues you have as suggested by many members of this OWNERS forum? This forum was created, in my understanding, for persons owning products from this manufacturer & sharing a common recreational interest to have a place to share experiences (good & bad) with their units & travels.

We have benefited greatly from postings on this forum & have dodged mistakes we could have made simply by asking questions. We've heeded advice on a variety of those questions & have found products, services, & places to visit that we would not have left to our devices. We've been able to avoid dealerships, repair services, & products after hearing of a fellow owner's experiences. We've also shared our experiences as a give back to other owners.

Through all of this, we never expected the factory to weigh in on questions we posed. When we needed assistance from Heartland, we called & asked them. They helped us.

Bottom line, pick up the phone & call Heartland if you have not already done so.

Martha

Paul & Martha

Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
29 posts in this thread but not one response that he's actually called Heartland and what they may have said. Why is that?

Bob&Patty

I keep re-reading all the posts and the last one by the OP. I guess the OP is still not going to call HL. He knows that HL is reading this thread and will answer him here. I doubt it. IMHO, there is more to this thread/story than the OP is sharing with us. To flat out refuse to call HL and wait for something to happen here is utter nonsense. I wish him well setting in front of his putor staring at it waiting for his coach to be repaired by itself.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Funny . . . you guys are the ones overreacting here.

I said last night that I would update this thread in a day or so . . .

And I never ONCE said I was waiting for HL to respond . . .

You are the ones who said that.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Funny . . . you guys are the ones overreacting here.

I said last night that I would update this thread in a day or so . . .

And I never ONCE said I was waiting for HL to respond . . .

You are the ones who said that.
Actually John, in post #4 you seemed to be wondering where the reply from Heartland was.

As others have said and you as well, the problem seems to be dealer related. If you haven't called Heartland yet, you should. If you have, at least let us know. We're probably close to closing this thread as it's becoming repetitive. I truly hope you get the issue resolved but also, as others have mentioned, the dealer doing the initial repair is or should be responsible. Depending on how long ago that was, there may be some limitations. Again, good luck with a resolution.

Bob&Patty

JohnD, I have only one question for you. Have you called HL and explained your issue?? We keep asking this because you have not just flat out said you did in any of your posts to date. You have issue and all of us are trying to help you get it resolved. You have to admit that you never really said or posted pix of what is still happening except you have a water leak. Water leaks are at best hard to find. Water can come in and follow a path and come out somewhere else completely. Ever tried to find a water leak in the roof of a house? Good luck on that. Water will run to the lowest point no matter where in comes in.

StephenKatSea

I normally end up learning a lot from this Forum. So far from this particular post I've learned:
1) At the delivery PDI the dealer said some outside panels needed to be replaced
2) Dealer replaced those panels & the caulking was never correct - still leaks

That's it. That's all that I've learned. Don't believe I've read about any other efforts on this matter, by the owner or the dealer. Certainly not the norm for this Forum. Here we learn about other's problems and their efforts to solve them. Even unsuccessful efforts can be informative. In this case . . . . Not so much.

Last edited:

donr827

This answer might overlap some of the other post. If you report the problem to HL before the warranty expires they should cover the problem if the problem has not been fixed and the warranty has expired. Past experience from me.
Don