Heating Element

I had the Big Country winterized at the dealership and they use air.

After picking it up for the first trip this year I realized when I got home that both the 12v switch and 120v switch for the hot water heater were on but obviously no water in it.

The batteries were just reinstalled today but my question is this.

Without having the camper plugged in and those switches on will the electric element have been fried because there was no water in there?

GOTTOYS

I had the Big Country winterized at the dealership and they use air.

After picking it up for the first trip this year I realized when I got home that both the 12v switch and 120v switch for the hot water heater were on but obviously no water in it.

The batteries were just reinstalled today but my question is this.

Without having the camper plugged in and those switches on will the electric element have been fried because there was no water in there?
There is no 12 volt power source for the water heater. It runs on either gas or 110 electric. There should also be a third switch on the water heater itself inside the compartment door. This is also a 110 volt switch which is used as a service disconnect to assure the power is off when working on the 110 volt system for the water heater. this will need to be in the "on" position when you want it to work. As long as the 110 volt power was not plugged in and the power was on and the gas burner was not lit, there is no possibility of any damage..Don

It wasn't connected to 110 so the electric element should work when I do connect the power.

The gas burner did fire OK once I got home and realized they were on I power cycled the 12 volt switch and the gas igniter lit right up. I don't see a 3rd switch, we have the atwood water hater?