Hello just picked up my Heartland TR30USBH

harry444

Hi I just took delivery of my new 2017 TR-30USBH and loving it already! We are in Louisville Ky area and do a lot of weekend trips. Had one small problem with my TT that is I hope is because it is new. The hitch wouldn't let me slide the lever back to release the ball but with a little persuasion and a BFH it slid back and released. Other than that it is really nice and can't wait to hit the road this weekend.:angel:

danemayer

Hi harry444,

Congratulations on the new rig and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Glad you figured out the hitch release.

If you run into any other problems or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here who are quick to share what they've learned.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Did you flip the locking lever before you raised the trailer?

Once you crank it up . . . it is almost impossible to get them apart.

Also . . . sometimes you have to move the truck an inch or two forwards or backwards to take the pressure (weight) off of the ball.

harry444

Did you flip the locking lever before you raised the trailer?

Once you crank it up . . . it is almost impossible to get them apart.

Also . . . sometimes you have to move the truck an inch or two forwards or backwards to take the pressure (weight) off of the ball.

Hi John yes i tried all that the latch just wouldn't move from the closed position. So i went under the hitch with a hammer and screw driver and pushed the catch back. Now i get out the grease and lube it all up it was dry as a bone, I am a big be leaver in greasing the ball and all the moving parts on the hitch.

JohnD

Hi John yes i tried all that the latch just wouldn't move from the closed position. So i went under the hitch with a hammer and screw driver and pushed the catch back. Now i get out the grease and lube it all up it was dry as a bone, I am a big be leaver in greasing the ball and all the moving parts on the hitch.

One other trick I used to use when that happened was to pull the truck forward until you hear it clunk and then engage the parking brake as the latch that hooks on the bottom side of the ball is on the back side of the ball.

If the truck is rolled back against that latch . . . it won't open.

jbeletti

Harry - congrats on your Trailrunner purchase and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum!

I remember when I had a TT - the ball hitch could be a pain. John is giving you some great advice and it sounds like you have a good hand on the mechanics involved.

If you're not aware, Heartland RVs sponsors a very large and active club for Heartland product owners. The Heartland Owners Club also has an active chapter in Kentucky. Consider joining the club so you can join us at some club events around North America in your travels. Good times!

harry444

Thanks for all the ideas I will post how we make out over the weekend we are leaving Friday for our shake down trip i greased all the moving parts so it should work out ok.
again thanks to everyone! :cool:

harry444

Hi all got back alive from my shake down trip the hitch is still sticking but not as bad as before so i carry a bfh to take care of that but will have to return to the dealer to have it adjusted correctly. So far had the molding strips on ether side of the inside door fell off thank god for liquid nails. The deadbolt lock screws came loose and couldn't lock the door so out came the screw driver and lock tite that took care of that problem Now off to Wisconsin for trip number 2! wish me luck i need it LOL Put a new set of bilstein 5100 shocks to help with the bouncing ride. to be continued.........

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
Happy travels and hope you don't find too many more hassles. Welcome to the Heartland Family, we have a great time with other like-minded folks and be sure to get to some rallies. We love the camaraderie and if you are ever in the area (New Mexico) look us up!

JohnD

Hi all got back alive from my shake down trip the hitch is still sticking but not as bad as before so i carry a bfh to take care of that but will have to return to the dealer to have it adjusted correctly.

So far had the molding strips on ether side of the inside door fell off thank god for liquid nails.to be continued.........

Not sure why that ball keeps sticking . . . somethin' ain't right with that . . .

As for the trim strips around the door, we had that very same issue with our Trailer Runner . . . and also with our Prowler!

We've tried double stick tape and tiny little nails and they still keep falling off!

Guess maybe I should try some liquid nails!

harry444

Yes the liquid nails work really well it is solid i checked it out today and it is holding fine. A long trip will tell all as we rock and roll up the freeway!