Hello to one and all.

We have been retired for a couple of years. We first bought a Caliber 26RBS and liked it. We spent two winters in Port Isabel, Texas. (Highly recommended). This past spring we traded for a BigHorn 3070 5er for some more room. I had previously joined this forum but just had not had the time to participate to any degree.

We have a Silverado 2500 Duramax. It has 38 gallon on board and a 50 gallon in the bed. I anticipate from previous trips to get +- 10 MPG and figure diesel fuel may cost as high as 4.50 gallon worst case scenario.

Currently we are discussing a trip from Illinois up to Alaska. I know it will be long and challenging. I am looking for any input on this trip. I have heard that there are groups of people who travel together and such long travels.

Thanks for listening and I hope to chat with some of you all.

Sincerely,
Dennis Hish

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dennis, Welcome to the Heartland Forum! Have a great trip north. I guess it's safe to assume you're doing it nest year? I bet you like the extra room and storage in the Bighorn compared to the Caliber.:D Travel Safe!

jbeletti

HI Dennis,

Congrats on being a two product owner and thank you. Can't help you with any Alaska info but I do want to mention to you that if you're in IL right now, there are several Heartland chapter rallies going on around you over the next couple months in IL, MN, WI, MO and MI. The one in IL will be in Lena this year. Click on the Events menu item at the top of this page to learn more. Hope to meet you one day.

wdk450

Dennis:
(This is meant to be helpful and informative to a new forum member, not critical)
At the top right of the Forum pages there is a "Search" window. I tried this and typed "Alaska" in the window and got listings of all sorts of threads on the subject on this forum.

You can click on the sender's name at the top left on any of these posts to be able to send a Private Message (Heartland e-mail) to that poster.