Hello

logsend

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Angie and we are trying to decide on our first rv! We really like the Big Horn, well several Heartland models actually and are whittling down our list slowly. We went to the Hershey show this weekend and it helped a lot, we are really glad it rained on Saturday lol, because we think that made it a lot less crowded in the morning! Our rv will be for weekend trips and one or two two week trips that we will take from early Spring though late fall with our Great Dane and that's it in a nutshell!

Angie

danemayer

Hi logsend,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. If you have any questions, this is a great place to get answers from people who actually own and use the RV you're considering.

sengli

Angie

Buying an RV isnt like buying a new car. Hope you or your husband are handy. My wife and I got back into the RV thing 4 years ago, we are on our second heartland fith wheel. We have ahd pretty good luck so far. Its a learning experience. I am pretty handy with most things. There are alot of systems(water, electrical, hydraulic, gas) on these modern RV's that might need attention. Dealers are usually booked up for service, so I do my own. Best of luck, its fun.

logsend

Thanks all! Yes we are pretty handy and have already figured out that this is going to be a process. Our ultimate plan is to purchase our rv and after a ridiculously detail orientated pdi (we've already started a list based on things we've read on various forums ;) that we will camp our first weekend very close to the dealer. The second outing may well be in our driveway to make sure it's all systems go before we head out on our first real trip.

We are both big into researching every detail of a purchase and the bigger the purchase the more research we tend to do. We went to the Hershey show with a spreadsheet in hand with a list of models we wanted to see, questions we wanted to ask and specifics we wanted to look for. The details of the build are really important to us and we want to know how it's made. We also are looking at it from the stand point of our dog, will his toenails get caught in open steps or open floor grates, will he be able to make a tight turn into the bedroom, where can he eat, sprawl out etc. Since we know how we want to use it, things like insulation or all season use are important to us because we don't want our pipes freezing and bursting. So I've joined most of the forums for the models on the short list to get honest opinions about the ones we like from people that own them. I know two people can have the same unit and have two totally different experiences so I sort of just average it all out ;)

Angie

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Welcome to the Heartland Forum! It sounds like you are doing your homework and have a great grasp on how to make an informed decision. Good luck and just ask if you have any questions!

Rod

Thanks all! Yes we are pretty handy and have already figured out that this is going to be a process. Our ultimate plan is to purchase our rv and after a ridiculously detail orientated pdi (we've already started a list based on things we've read on various forums ;) that we will camp our first weekend very close to the dealer. The second outing may well be in our driveway to make sure it's all systems go before we head out on our first real trip.

We are both big into researching every detail of a purchase and the bigger the purchase the more research we tend to do. We went to the Hershey show with a spreadsheet in hand with a list of models we wanted to see, questions we wanted to ask and specifics we wanted to look for. The details of the build are really important to us and we want to know how it's made. We also are looking at it from the stand point of our dog, will his toenails get caught in open steps or open floor grates, will he be able to make a tight turn into the bedroom, where can he eat, sprawl out etc. Since we know how we want to use it, things like insulation or all season use are important to us because we don't want our pipes freezing and bursting. So I've joined most of the forums for the models on the short list to get honest opinions about the ones we like from people that own them. I know two people can have the same unit and have two totally different experiences so I sort of just average it all out ;)

Angie