Help! - Front jacks quit working.

jbeletti

Re: Help!

Not that it's any help to the OP - but I was curious.

Some info from the Cooper-Bussman website on fuse types.

http://www.cooperbussmann.com/6/BladeFusesandAccessories.html

While I did not include any below, there are images of breakers that are the same style as the fuses, at the above link.

ATC Fuses

Introduced in the late70s, these fuses feature an enclosed element for protection against shock and sparks. Available in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40 amp ratings.

ATM Fuses

For late model vehicles, these fuses feature an enclosed element for protection against shock and sparks. Available in 2, 3, 4, 5, 7-1/2, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 amp ratings.

vertimagesec-4123bd4e-ba83-41fb-9483-a52e676dc496.jpg

Low-Profile ATM Fuses

Popular for late model vehicles, these compact, low-profile ATM fuses save space and feature an enclosed element for protection against shock and sparks. Available in 7-1/2, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 amp ratings.

MAXI Fuses

For protecting circuits in the wiring harness, these high amp fuses feature an enclosed element for protection against shock and sparks. Ideal for protecting high amp aftermarket accessories. Available in 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 50, 60, 70 and 80 amp ratings.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
FYI

No markings on the stock green fuse except a big 30 and an tiny 32v. No other ATC ATM FBI AARP...nothing! I will go to the auto parts store and see if they have a pretty green one in the morning. The box of yellow ones are marked with a big 30 and a tiny 32v...they look to be the same size.

Thanks for the pics Jim!

The fuse I took out doesn't look at all like the ATM pic. It does look like the ATC! In fact, laying the old green one on top of the the new yellow ATC and they appear nearly identical.

tmcran

Well, I'm confused. Green is 30 amp and yellow is 20 amp as far as I know. However, If they are the same size and both 30 amp you might try it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
OK.........I give up. Why are we not going to get a 30amp circuit breaker instead. They work the same as a fuse but will reset when the overload is gone. Any and all parts houses have them.

tmcran

OK.........I give up. Why are we not going to get a 30amp circuit breaker instead. They work the same as a fuse but will reset when the overload is gone. Any and all parts houses have them.

Seems reasonable to me.. I just love those little fuses tho.

Last edited:

Iver

This is getting better still. We now have a catalog of the interstellar selection of fuses ... and the rig is still blocking the neighborhood, as far as I can tell. This ranks right up there with the crab and the black water tank story. Please continue.

jbeletti

This is getting better still. We now have a catalog of the interstellar selection of fuses ... and the rig is still blocking the neighborhood, as far as I can tell. This ranks right up there with the crab and the black water tank story. Please continue.

Dave - see post 7 of 50. Truck is no longer in the street. You missed a couple of episodes but welcome back :)

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
and the rig is still blocking the neighborhood, as far as I can tell.

If you go back in the thread a page or two you will read that I used the hand crank to raise the 5ver so I could move the truck! Does make for a great story though! :)

If you are interested in part two :eek:...this BC was delivered to my driveway! Driver dropped it off and left. Well, his truck and mine don't match and they way he lowered the gear with the amount of inner leg dropped is a bad combination for my truck...can't raise the legs high enough now to drop it on my hitch. This is, of course, how I got in this mess in the first place...just checking out my hitch height etc. Guess I am going to have to raise the hitch a notch or two...needs to be done anyway.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Iver

Re: Help!

Glad this site was of help and thank you for your good humor.
I can only hope of this kind of help when I get in a bind ... and I will!

jimtoo

Yep,,, it's getting a little deep.... maybe we might back off just a little, let him get the fuse or circuit breaker, then see what happens. I feel sure his problem is corrected or will be. We have a lot of information posted, more than enough. All this info on fuses will need to be put in the WIKI area.

Jim M

rick_debbie_gallant

Aw come on Jim. Heck he could just as well get a hunk of bailing wire and jump the fuse slot. Or he could just run a wire from the battery to the switch. Only he should be careful not to burn things up. Just enough to get stuff out of the road. If a fella were to run a hot wire from the battery to the switch I would think it to be prudent to wire a 30 amp in line fuse some where in his jump wire, "just in case" Mr. Murphy stops by.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I am glad SJH got his problems corrected. But this thread brings up something that should be made available to all owners. Schematics. Tracing wires down is no fun when you are in his sitituation. A simple schematic of the electrical-both 12v and 110v would be nice to get on each model.
And how about a hydraulic and plumbing schematic.
It could show locations of items such as fuses, breakers etc.
I know on my BC the dolly legs go through a breaker and I know which it is-but I have not taken the time to find out what the other 12v breakers are feeding. I have done it with the 110v side though.
Even if for some reason it could not be included in the owners manual-maybe schematics of each model could be posted here under tools and we could print them off.
Probably a big undertaking but it would be worth the effort to us owners.
I am not sure how changes at the factory could be handled other than with footnotes. My legs run through a breaker but apperently at some point after my BC was built they changed to an in line fuse.

SilverRhino

Might be over simplifying, but....how about a list of fuse types and amperage that we should all have as spares??

Last edited:

GETnBYE

Might be over simplifying, but....how about a list of fuse types and amperage that we should all have as spares??

That is the list I am making now, along with the tester and the breaker, a list of fuses.
My hubby is gonna hate me now, but love me later on if we have a problem and I have the stuff to fix it with.
I always have to wait a long time to get to say "I told you so", but that's o.k., I am patient. :>