Help slide out won’t retract

Abmor68

Hello can anyone help we have a 2010 heartland bighorn and when we where ready to pack up after an overnight stay our living room area sleds would not retract, the motor runs but the slip clutch clicks as it would normally do after slides have extended or retracted.

wdk450

I would think that the slideout mechanism on a 2010 Bighorn would be the Lippert multi-room Hydraulic system that has no clutch that I know of.
There are a set of fluid shutoff valves on the master pump that can shut off the individual rooms from movement seperately.

Anyone posting slideout questions needs to identify the type (hydraulic or electric mechanical), and the slideout system manufacturer (Lippert or Schwintec, etc.) so that respondents can answer appropriately.

Last edited:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Hello can anyone help we have a 2010 heartland bighorn and when we where ready to pack up after an overnight stay our living room area sleds would not retract, the motor runs but the slip clutch clicks as it would normally do after slides have extended or retracted.
That clicking is likely a weak auto reset breaker. Therefore it’s unable to supply enough power to the pump motor

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Or the battery is weak. Did the other slides retract OK? Are you still on shore power? If not, try connecting the umbilical to your truck and try it. Unless you’ve been using the pump valves to isolate different slides, most likely they’re open and not the problem. If the mini-breaker popped, I don’t think you’d be hearing the pump at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

ABMOR 68;
On re-reading your original post, I noted the phrase "our living room area sleds would not retract". My living room slide (2008 Bighorn, Lippert Hydraulic system) with the couch and dining table is always the last to move in the sequence of opening or closing slides, as the slides seem to move in a lesser to greater weight priority system. This is just a function of hydraulic pressures and the slides resistance to movement. You used the plural word "sleds"; Are you having problems with more than 1 slideout?? If only 1 slideout it may have a mechanical jam in the rack and pinion external slide horizontal movement synchronizing system, or some sort of other mechanical or hydraulic problem in just that slideout.
Sorry about using the word "cannot" instead of "can" in my first reply about control of the individual hydraulic slideouts. I made the edit.

dudkas

I have been working on my 2020 Bighorn for a couple weeks. Not one issue but many. Remember, the slide and Landing Gear use the same hydraulic system and electrics that control the hydraulic system are the same. That means if one doesn't work, the other may not. Poor workmanship was a major contributor to wire ring terminals not being properly crimped. The ground to the Reverse Current Contactor was very easy to remove the wire from the ring terminals. The main power to the Reverse current contactor was another bad crimp. I also had the auto rest circuit breaker, power to the system, was easy to fail with the slightest pressure on either post. My last (hopefully) issue is the Reverse Current Contactor fails when I try to retract the LG or close slides. Clicking, however the green light flashes and the inside panel show the gear moving. The part is arriving tomorrow. This is showing the controller is sending a signal. If I hold some side pressure on the center post for power to the Reverse Current Contactor, I can get the system to operate or fail. My advise is to check all your connections from the batteries to the hyd pump. The auto reset circuit breaker mentioned earlier often fail and are only $10 on Amazon. Here is the link I have been updating. Good luck. https://heartlandowners.org/threads/intermittent-lippert-level-up-operation.83074/#post-666812

Last edited: