Help

Cands

Have an Oakmont with a slide that only will allow the right side to come in as the left gear wont turn. Im assuming the bolt sheared disallowing the shaft to turn to drive the teeth on the other end. Is there a way to get this in? Is it brute force? Once in can it come back out?

jbeletti

Is this slide electric driven or hydraulic driven?

If hydraulic, go outside, under the slide and take a look at the hydraulic ram cylinder that comes out of the frame and look at the end of it where it attaches to the square tube. Is the bracket there broken? Look for a square bar that goes from the drive end back to the other end of the slide where it spins a gear to push that rack out. Anything look funky there?

If it's an electric slide, is it a Norco-BAL cable type (visible cables outside on the sides of the slide) or is it a Schwintek gear type?

If Schwintek, then you have a motor behind the slide fascia, one on each side. It's possible that one motor is bad, disconnected (electrically) or disengaged (mechanically). There's a good manual on this on the forum under Tools - Sliderooms.

If Norco-Bal, it could be the cables on one side came off a pulley of some such. This mechanism is usually under the front end of the bed. Here again, some good manuals are online for this.

Give us more info to help you with ideas.

Cands

Is this slide electric driven or hydraulic driven?

If hydraulic, go outside, under the slide and take a look at the hydraulic ram cylinder that comes out of the frame and look at the end of it where it attaches to the square tube. Is the bracket there broken? Look for a square bar that goes from the drive end back to the other end of the slide where it spins a gear to push that rack out. Anything look funky there?

If it's an electric slide, is it a Norco-BAL cable type (visible cables outside on the sides of the slide) or is it a Schwintek gear type?

If Schwintek, then you have a motor behind the slide fascia, one on each side. It's possible that one motor is bad, disconnected (electrically) or disengaged (mechanically). There's a good manual on this on the forum under Tools - Sliderooms.

If Norco-Bal, it could be the cables on one side came off a pulley of some such. This mechanism is usually under the front end of the bed. Here again, some good manuals are online for this.

Give us more info to help you with ideas.

Can you please call me?

- - - Updated - - -

The square shaft doesn’t move at all

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Did this 1/4" bolt possibly fall out of one end or the other ??
5f6de311ae416b272b8c4e411fb5c89a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Jerrod and I have both spoke to Cody. We think he has a couple teeth broken off the sprocket gear. Cody will be calling Lippert for a replacement tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lou_and_Bette

If it is broken teeth on the cog gear, replacement gears can be found on Amazon. That’s where I got mine and over night shipping was available. Need to know how many teeth on the gear as there are apparently two different styles.