Hensley vs. Pro Pride Opinions ?????????

oldmannj

considering the purchase of a 3 point hitch and I'm a bit confused......The 2 major manufacturers seem to be in a bit of a mud slinging match. 5 or 6 minute videos full of what sounds like sour grapes and entire websites bashing the "other" guy. All I want to do is make an informed decision, not who's son in law is fibbing. That said any ideas on which of the 2 hitches is worth the money?? Other than a visibly shorter stinger on the pro pride they seem to be pretty much the same hitch. Has anyone chosen one over the other for any other reasons??? Love my trailer hate the sway I get sometimes. Thanks for any comments. ED:confused:

jnbhobe

I have never had either but have never heard a bad thing about the Hensley or the Pull-rite other than cost.

ILH

The Hensley is a great product. It cured my outrageous sway on my TT. Their support and service is first class too. When I went to a 5ver, I sold my original hitch (for more than I paid for it) and bought a Hensley 5th wheel BD3.

Calk Hensley as they sometimes have refurbished trade-ins available at discount.

Westwind

I bought my first Hensley product in 2001 for my Sunnybrook 26FK, towed with a 1/2 ton Tundra for 7 years back and forth to Florida, and with my 2008 GMC Duramax/Allison for 4 years, couldn't beat it. Traded the Hensley Arrow in for a Hensley Trailer Saver BD3 using a trade in deal when we swithched over to a fifth wheel and I'm still very a satisfied customer.
I know folks who have a Pro Pride and they are also very satisfied customers. I can tell you their is a war of words going on between the companies since the products are so similar. I don't think you can go wrong with either product but my experience is with the Hensley arrow.
I Highly Highly recommend towing with this type of hitch, yes they are very expensive but can't be beat.
They are quick and easy to hitch up also.