Hitch for Chevy Silverado

ChangingPlaces

Hi there,
Could someone help me out here. We are looking to purchase a Chevy Silverado. I am wanting to know what hitch is a good hitch to purchase for the Chev. I have an airsafe binkley 20k on our truck already, which I will look to sell with it. I did consider taking it off the truck and put it on the chev, but would that be an overkill as I know the suspension on the chev is way better than the truck. Another thought was to put an airbag hitch on the rig. What's your thoughts. I thankyou in advance. Cheers Paul

Westwind

I have a Hensley Trailer Saver BD3 which I'm very happy with. I tow with a 3/4 ton GMC short bed and installed the hitch along with my buddy, he has installed them on three or four trucks he has owned. I'm a firm believer in a air bag hitch, I feel it does help diminish a lot of the punishment trailers take on the the road. I've watched mine do alot of up and down movement while on the road in my rear view mirror.
They aren't cheap and I would look to see what hitch design protects the air bags from the sun. I have a bed cover on my truck and when I'm not towing I have the cover covering the bed and hitch so it's protected from the sun.

danemayer

2011 GMC longbed crew cab here, also happy with our Hensley BD3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I have the B&W hitch system in mine and am very pleased with it. It comes out and leaves the bed flat. I pull the 5er with the Companion and it comes out and allows me to drop my Gooseneck ball in.

Gary521

I have a new Silverado. I have used a Reese 16,000 lb. slider hitch on two trucks. However, even though I have a short bed, I have never used the slider. I have purchased the custom frame mount for the Silverado and have did the work myself. It will take a bit of time but the mount works nicely. I replaced the king pin on the trailer with a Fifth Airborne and this really helps the ride. This system puts the air bag on the pin rather than the hitch. Either way, it has to be a lot better than the stock system. I have to say that the ride on the new Silverado is better than the older one that I had. You will also like the integrated brake controller and the exhaust brake ( assuming you are getting a diesel ).

Tool958

I have the Air Safe 25K hitch on our truck. I don't consider it overkill. Works great. If I were you I would use your hitch. Would save you a good chunk of money. I wouldn't pull without it on ours.

Dale Smith

Hensley BD 3
Using it with a GMC Sierra, with a 6 1/2 foot box.

Works very well in our set up. Do not have any weather protection for the airbags so would be interested in someone else is using something for this.

Tool958

Hensley BD 3
Using it with a GMC Sierra, with a 6 1/2 foot box.

Works very well in our set up. Do not have any weather protection for the airbags so would be interested in someone else is using something for this.

To your question about the weather protection, I have the Access Tonneau Cover on our truck. It rolls back out of the way and is easy to use. It is pretty well water proof. It gives me a lot of extra room to keep things dry and not load the coach up when not pulling. The only thing I've found is that the rails on the cover will get into the pin cover on fairly sharp turns. I know others have ran into that and have trimmed the plastic pin cover to fit. I just haven't gotten around to doing it on our Cyclone yet.