Hitches

readytohitheroad

My better half and I have decided on a Cyclone 3950.

Will be towing it with a 2012 Dodge 3500 Longbed Dually

What hitch system(s) should we look at?

mmomega

AnyTimer
looked at this on-line but it is only rated to 18,000 lbs
think i need a 20k hitch
You can just google Reese 20k hitch and find a few or look for Curt 20k. I currently have a Reese 18k but I've been looking into some sort of air hitch or air pin box solution. The Reese is a good product but I'm looking for something that isn't as rigid as a standard hitch + pin box.

macjj

With a longbed you have all options available. I like the capability of removing the hitch and having the bed available for other reasons. If I could have I wold have installed the goose-neck-fifth wheel conversion system. However with a short bed, I wanted the security of being able to move 90 degrees without damage (88 does not equal 90). So I went with a Reese slider. Only 4 holes in the bed, however the hitch is a little more difficult to remove and replace.

Just my 1/2 cent worth

CactusTwo

We got our new 3950 last May and quickly bought a Reese 5th Airbourne for the chucking, works great....any shock absorbing kingpin replacement will ease the chucking. We bought a Reese 20K hitch to replace our Reese 16k slider we used with our last 5th

08 GMC crew long box Denali duelly
11 Cyclone 3950