HOC Coastal Bend Winter Texans Get Togethers

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Adding a new event today. Also want to make sure it is CLEAR to everyone, that positive RSVP's are essential to maintaining a good relationship with our dining partners (I really don't need to know that you're NOT going to be there). These partners often will put more staff on to help and when we don't fill their dance card, they're paying for it. If we don't have at least 6 ppl positively RSVP'd by the deadline noted on the event, I will cancel it shortly after the RSVP deadline. Also, no shows that have responded as a positive RSVP is unaccetable. I don't mind taking my wife out for breakfast/lunch/dinner, but showing up 20 minutes early to set up the group, waiting for an additional 20 minutes to order to see if you're going to show is garbage. This might sound a little bitter or harsh, but our time is precious and I want to make sure these events are worthwhile for everyone.

dbbls59

Adding a new event today. Also want to make sure it is CLEAR to everyone, that positive RSVP's are essential to maintaining a good relationship with our dining partners (I really don't need to know that you're NOT going to be there). These partners often will put more staff on to help and when we don't fill their dance card, they're paying for it. If we don't have at least 6 ppl positively RSVP'd by the deadline noted on the event, I will cancel it shortly after the RSVP deadline. Also, no shows that have responded as a positive RSVP is unaccetable. I don't mind taking my wife out for breakfast/lunch/dinner, but showing up 20 minutes early to set up the group, waiting for an additional 20 minutes to order to see if you're going to show is garbage. This might sound a little bitter or harsh, but our time is precious and I want to make sure these events are worthwhile for everyone.

When and where?

simsfmly

Just confirmed our reservation for 14 guests at noon on Monday.
If you arrive earlier than we do, please tell the hostess you're with "Heartland Group."
If you're one of the 14 people who RSVP'd, we know things can happen. Please, if you're going to cancel don't just be a no show. Please contact me either via this post on FB, sending a message to simsfmly on the HOC forum, or via email. I always have my phone on me and this will help for all of us.
If you did not RSVP and you're planning on coming, please contact me ASAP through the same means as above as Paradise Key is going to have a table of 14 set for us. Looking forward to seeing all of you.

simsfmly

New Event: Pepito's Mexican Restaurant and Grill, February 10th @ 5:30p CT

Let's get together for dinner, fun and merriment at Pepito's Mexican Restaurant and Grill at 5:30p CT.

Please positive RSVP (regrets not necessary) by noon on Tuesday, February 9th either by replying via email, our Facebook page, or the HOC forum.

Looking for to seeing everyone!

simsfmly

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night at Pepito's. Thanks to all who have RSVP'd. Please remember, if you have positively RSVP'd and have to cancel to please let us know ASAP either through FB, the forum or my email. Thanks again.

simsfmly

Great turnout tonight. 12 Heartlanders at Pepitos. Good food, good conversation. Poor effort by me not getting a picture -- sorry about that!

simsfmly

If you're thinking about coming down to the Coastal Bend of Texas (Rockport, Aransas Pass, Portland, Corpus Christi, Port Aransas) make sure you subscribe to this thread and ask to join our group on Facebook. We have lots of fun getting together for a breakfast, lunch or dinner throughout the winter at different places throughout the Coastal Bend.

simsfmly

Looking for some guidance. Can we do a get together in December (thinking the week of the 19th) or should we wait until January? Please post below or on the Facebook Page.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Bob, We will be arriving in the Rockport area about December 28th. We look forward to the get togethers in January.

simsfmly

OK, boys and girls. Got 3 reservations made for the month of January. I'll be making "events" for you to RSVP to. Don't need regrets, I only ask that if you say you're coming please be there or cancel 24 hours prior. Any event that does not have at least 6 people RSVP 24 hours prior will cancel. RSVP via Facebook, the Forum or email me.

simsfmly

Our First Event of the Winter Season:

Moondog Seaside Eatery
100 N Casterline Dr
Rockport, TX 78382, United States

January 12th, 2017 @ noon CT

RSVP (no need for regrets) via this thread, our Facebook Event Page, or email me.

Last edited: