Horizontal Slide Adjustment Lippert Hydraulic

JanAndBill

The kitchen slide out with Refrigerator needs to slide back in the opening. Followed the directions which were simple enough till I got to the part about moving the slide. Directions said to carefully "pry" the slide in the right direction. That may work on some but apparently not when you have a double wide refrigerator sitting above you. The pry bar isn't cutting it. Any suggestions for moving this heavy beast?

wdk450

I assume you are working from the instructions from the Heartland Owners Library for Lippert Hydraulic Slides dated 2016, and have the slide support arm nuts only LOOSENED. If I were you and could not move the slide with either enough human power or a prybar, I might try turning off the hydraulic pressure to all of the other slides then pulsing the slide in/out power switch appropriately to move the slide as needed.

While you are doing this job, you might want to jack up the slide from the exterior bottom, disassemble the interior lower wood trim on the slide front to inspect the support rollers on the slide. Besides replacing 1 defective support roller I had (which is VERY common with our older rigs), I opted to add an additional J38 roller DIRECTLY UNDER THE CENTER OF THE REFRIGERATOR WEIGHT to better support that weight.
The jacking up and trim removal will give you a couple of inches clearance to remove/replace the roller(s). I had to remove the roller end shaft retainer, remove the shaft and roller to access the screw heads. The old screws may have to be taken out with a right angle close clearance screwdriver ( I found thin nose vice grips a handy help in removing these screws). I installed screws with thin hex heads (thin so they wouldn't catch one the roller) with the hex heads being easy to tighten/remove with an end wrench.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the easy way is to loosen the bolts in the horizontal slots then put a little side pressure on the arms to move them in the slot. Do both arms the same amount.
Move the arms in the opposite direction you want the slide to move. It's been a while but I think that's correct.
It's easier to move the arms than the slide.
And don't forget to run the slide in and out a couple times before making more moves.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

JanAndBill

Well, the easy way is to loosen the bolts in the horizontal slots then put a little side pressure on the arms to move them in the slot. Do both arms the same amount.
Move the arms in the opposite direction you want the slide to move. It's been a while but I think that's correct.
It's easier to move the arms than the slide.
And don't forget to run the slide in and out a couple times before making more moves.

Peace
Dave

I wondered about that approach???? I only need to move it back about a 1/2" in the opening. Will running the slide in an out cause the slide to actually scoot over????

- - - Updated - - -

I assume you are working from the instructions from the Heartland Owners Library for Lippert Hydraulic Slides dated 2016, and have the slide support arm nuts only LOOSENED. If I were you and could not move the slide with either enough human power or a prybar, I might try turning off the hydraulic pressure to all of the other slides then pulsing the slide in/out power switch appropriately to move the slide as needed.

While you are doing this job, you might want to jack up the slide from the exterior bottom, disassemble the interior lower wood trim on the slide front to inspect the support rollers on the slide. Besides replacing 1 defective support roller I had (which is VERY common with our older rigs), I opted to add an additional J38 roller DIRECTLY UNDER THE CENTER OF THE REFRIGERATOR WEIGHT to better support that weight.
The jacking up and trim removal will give you a couple of inches clearance to remove/replace the roller(s). I had to remove the roller end shaft retainer, remove the shaft and roller to access the screw heads. The old screws may have to be taken out with a right angle close clearance screwdriver ( I found thin nose vice grips a handy help in removing these screws). I installed screws with thin hex heads (thin so they wouldn't catch one the roller) with the hex heads being easy to tighten/remove with an end wrench.

Not sure we're on the same page. I have the Lippert instructions for the slide. I need to move the whole slide toward the back of the trailer about 1/2" in the opening to center it. According to instructions I only have to loosen 4 bolts.

lynndiwagoner

Maybe loosen those four bolts and use a strap and come along. Loop the strap to something stationary on the slide and hook the come along to your truck or a tree. If you had a long enough strap I guess you could loop it around the entire slide. I just got through raising one side and it was much easier. Let us know how it works out.

JanAndBill

#3 persuader and a jack to take the pressure off worked. Moved each of the arms over about 1/4" moved the slide enough that it's close to center in the hole now. Thanks for the help everyone.