hot water coming out cold faucets

h2ok9

Have been full timing for little over a year in stationary location with full hookups and in the last 3 weeks when first open faucet (cold) we get hot water out of the line. The water is even hotter that hot water side or at least as hot. The duration may be as long as 1 or 2 minutes. My water supply line is covered and insulated and 40 foot of it is under the unit out of the sun with only about 12-14 foot outside of trailer boundaries. I know there will be some heating of the water in the line and would expect that. This even happens first thing in the morning and nite temps are in hi 70's low 80's and toilet is used during the night so would expect "new" supply in line about dark thirty, which would alleviate super hot water in early morning. I estimated capacity of the supply hose at approximate a half gallon. That should dissipate within 20 or 30 seconds. We have been over 90 degrees since middle of may and over 100 degrees over 1/2 that time with no problem before three weeks ago. Can i have a problem with the water heater itself. Any help or suggestion appreciated.

Jimmy

Is it possible that the Sun has now changed angles and it is shinning on the hose more, or the side of the RV where the water lines run... Just a thought. It could also be your Hot water heater by-pass valve, and one more thing, it could be your outside shower if both (Hot and Cold) the valves are left on and the water is turned off at the nozzle, it can by pass there????

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
h20k9.... It is the same in our land home, it's just freakin hot outside! The pipes (pex) are cooking and it takes awhile for the water to flow and for the pipes to cool down. In our case, I think the water supply is actually warm as we couldn't take a cold shower now if we wanted to! It's just too d#@% HOT!