How do you drain all the water from the system?

Mouse

I have new 2011 3300QS. It has 3x drain lines on the left side underbelly - 2xblue and 1x red. One blue line is foward of the axles - IVO the HW. The other two are aft of the axles. What do these drain? Assume red = hot, will the red drain the HW or just the lines? Does the fwd blue line just drain the FW tank and the aft just the supply lines?

Suggestion - improve product documentation by adding model specific schematics for all subsystems (H20, electrical, communications, etc). I hope the assembly line is building subsystems and integrating these from model specific plans. Include these plans as enclosures to base handbook.

Thanks,
Mike

jimtoo

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure someone will jump in here that can give you the answer.

Jim M

I did move the thread to the Sundance Plumbing area for a faster response from our owners.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Usually, the drain tubes UNDER the rig are: one for the fresh water tank (the single one), and two (red & blue) are the low point drains for the plumbing system. On some models, HL discontinued installing the low point drains, but I have them on my BH3670. The hot water heater does not have a drain tube. To empty it, you have to remove the anode rod, accessible from the side of the rig where the water heater is. Normally, it looks like a 1 1/6" hex nut at the bottom of the compartment. In the first photo, it would be on the right of the photo, where the open hole is (rod was removed). Make sure the water heater has cooled off before removing it, and open the pressure relieve valve above it (second photo).
View attachment 9074View attachment 9073

goodtruck

I have a 2010 ER and the front blue line is for the fresh water tank and the back red and blue are for low point drains.Hope this helps

RoadJunkie

When you drain the water heater be sure to turn off--and pin lock--the on/off switch that enables the electrical heating element. If the water heater is empty when you run it on AC power, it will be burnt-out in a matter of seconds.

D

Dave Willis

Those are the low point drains. They will drain out your water lines. For all of you customers out there, I am on a road trip this week so if I don't get right back to you I'm sorry. I will be back on Friday and I will get back to you as soon as can.

Thanks,