How many check valves?

Wharton

We think we have a blown check valve. How many are in our BH 3670? The ones we know about are the HW and shower. Are there others????

1 hour later: Just found 2 more, water pump and city water input.

Still looking for more.....................

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Take a look at the inlet for the black tank flush. Some folks thought there was a check valve in there. But when my fitting broke (plastic), I didn't find anything other than a narrow tube. I replaced it with a brass city water fitting with check valve.

jimtoo

Most likely you will find an anti-siphon/check valve in the line to the black tank flush. It is probably up and behind the shower handles on that unit. It has to be mounted up higher than any other water connection or something like that to meet regulations. That is why when you do your black tank flush and disconnect you get some water running back out the connection on you.

MC9

Check valves can be anywhere but backflow preventers must be 6 in. above the spill rim of the highest fixture. IIRC..

brianharrison

We think we have a blown check valve. How many are in our BH 3670? The ones we know about are the HW and shower. Are there others????

1 hour later: Just found 2 more, water pump and city water input.

Still looking for more.....................

What is happening in your water system?

I know of only 2 in my unit - inlet to city water system (integral to fresh water connection), and water heater outlet (screwed onto outlet of hot water heater). My black tank rinse is an anti-syphon (located behind inspection hole in shower). I don't beleive I have one on my shower.

The water pump acts as a check valve by preventing backflow from the high pressure side to the low pressure side and into the water tank.

Brian

Wharton

We have very low water pressure in the kitchen and when the toilet is flushed I have none. We are planning to take apart the basement today and check into the plumbing problem. We have very high street pressure and have the pressure regulator set at 50. DW has been complaining about the water pressure in the kitchen for a long time, to the extent that she sometimes turns on the water pump. First chance we have had to look into it.

Any other ideas would be welcome.

TedS

If you have enough water pressure with your pump, the problem may be with your pressure regulator.

Wharton

Don't think that is the problem. The bathroom pressure seems to be fine. Park pressure is great. It is something internal.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Have you checked the filter screen in the kitchen faucet?
Or the flow restrictor?
You can remove the faucet head and run water right out of the hose. That should tell if there is a restriction in the head.
Sounds like the problem is just at the kitchen faucet.

Peace
Dave

Wharton

The flow restrictor has been removed and the screen cleaned. We are thinking there might be a kink in the line or something along those lines. Plan to dedicate the day to this problem and reorganizing the basement.

danemayer

If your wife can bypass the problem by turning on the pump, the problem will likely be found prior to the tee where city water and output of the pump come together. There's not a lot of stuff between this point and the pressure regulator.