How many pets travel with you?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have seven Mainecoon's (giant cats).

Five of them are now experienced RV'ers . . . the other two are not too keen on traveling.

We usually take two or three of them with us on the road.

HornedToad

I leave my dogs at home and wish I could invoke a "No dogs allowed rule" on the camper,
but the only way I can get my girls to come tailgate with us from is if I let them bring their dogs.

Last week they were all there...
Brady a 14 yr old Springer Spaniel that needs help up the stairs
Ferocious a MaltiePoo that rules the roost
Lola a Brittany Spaniel that leaps up the stairs in one jump
and McScruffelz a rescue mutt

Yea I luv em'... the dogs and the girls!!!

JJnVA

Our furry boys, Waldo and Pepper, love traveling with us - long weekend campouts or 3 months, 10,320 miles on the road!
they are two very large American standard tabbies, 13 and 23 lbs., brothers from same litter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 39

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
One 44 lb. English Setter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    716.5 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    671.4 KB · Views: 35

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Any suggestions for finding a dog sitter when needing to leave the coach for a period of time on the road?

There are very few people we trust to watch our pets. I have heard too many stories about pets getting out when under someone elses care. Being in strange surroundings, that quite often does not end well for the pet.

That being said, everywhere we go we see ads for dogsitters, in newspapers, grocery store bulletin boards and local phone books. Pet stores in the area always have info for petsitters. Sometimes Park managers, or hosts are also willing to check in on a pet. Trace

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Any suggestions for finding a dog sitter when needing to leave the coach for a period of time on the road?

I would suggest you refer to the sitemap you receive when you check in. Many times there are dog groomers who also will board or can point you in the right direction as they will have contacts with 'dog sitters'. Also many RV Park managers can refer you to one.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
You might also check into Doggie Day Care. Many kennels and vets have this service for a pretty reasonable price. Then if a day trip turns in to an overnight trip, you have it covered. No risk of them getting out the door with a stranger in charge and you don't have a stranger in your home.

Kristy

DesertThumper

You might also check into Doggie Day Care. Many kennels and vets have this service for a pretty reasonable price. Then if a day trip turns in to an overnight trip, you have it covered. No risk of them getting out the door with a stranger in charge and you don't have a stranger in your home.

Kristy

Agree. Trust an animal care facility.

dalspot

We travel with one Dalmatian and a Bengal cat. Patti the dog pretty much sleeps the whole trip. The cat starts out in her crate, but isn't happy till we get rolling and let her out. We hook her leash to the seatbelt to give her limited freedom and keep her where we know what she's up to. Their first long trip was out to Goshen and they did great.

IMG02.jpg IMG01.jpg

Karen

Attachments

• IMG02.jpg
    IMG02.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 59
We travel with two feisty Parrotlets, Beemer & Bebe. They love to go on vacations too.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 34
We are fairly new to the RVin world...less than 2 years and on our second TT already.
Our "kids" travel with us all the time...
3 Cavs...Rusty, Scarlett and Bama