How to add unpressurized fresh water (Bighorn 3270)

carl.swoyer

I agree with the bladder fill. When in Keywest I use a 50 gallon bladder. I put it on the roof of my truck and gravity fill. Just remember to sanitize the bladder before filling your RV.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Well hopefully you can forget about everything I just said. That was my 07 not my 2012 Landmark.lol

carl.swoyer

Okay 😂 how about use your on board water pump with a bypass valve. Thus gravity fill to the pump then the pump moves the water to the fresh water holding tank.😱🤔

LBR

Frank, the bladders are actually a dual purpose container when you get right down and think about it...

You're able to bring fresh water in from a remote location without breaking your boondocked camp down...Very convenient!...However, the old addage of "what goes in must come out" applies to when we all boondock, right?

After filling the fresh tank up, attach your maserator pump to the rv dump then attach the black water garden hose to the messy massy pump and bladder (hopefully relocated into bed from on top of Carl's pickup cab..Lol) and pump black tank holdings back into your previously emptied bladder to dump at a town sewer system of your choice...Very convenient!!

To everyone reading this, don't attempt to repeat this cycle of events more than once, please...throw your bladder away and buy a new one, K?!...Lol.

Last edited:

carl.swoyer

This is a 45 gallon fresh water bladder. It it used to transfer fresh drinking water to a remote location. Because it can be stored for extended periods it's best to sanitize between use. You can stick it wherever you please. I found it to perform better from the roof of my truck. 1605.jpg