How to Get New Keys (and what to do BEFORE you lose them)

wdk450

I had my trailer keyring "lifted" from a compartment (I believe) on the way to Goshen in a park in the middle of the Great Basin in Nevada. They were found and are in the mail somewhere, but haven't found me yet. Yesterday, I removed the screws to the door lock, and under the inside plate, on the back of the main outside lock/latch mechanism, was a sticker with the key code. I called Heartland service with this code number, they had it , I drove over there, and for $2.50 I had a new key (and they threw in a CH 751 compartment key, too).

It might be a good idea sometime to remove the screws, get the key code number, and note it on your trailer paperwork somewhere.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We lost one of our original keys (actually from the replacement lock from the break-in). I took the remaining key to a locksmith near home and they made me three copies. All work fine. If you have the code, a locksmith may be able to make a duplicate based on that.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dan from my days with FEMA working with the tt's and they all has the FIC lock sets the number on the key corresponds with the number printed on the tumbler. There are 51 different key combos as well. You can call heartland or anyone that handles FIC lock sets and give them that key number and get a matching key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk