How to l fix awning arms on the outside of the camper

Yes I'm the second owner I'm sorry about that it's a 2008 and yes I'm was thinking I may have to tear the inside wall paneling off for further inspection but other than this one spot the camper is beautiful looked to be well maintained I'm thinking since it wasn't use at all this year until I bought it about 3 weeks ago it was still winterize thinking it may have happened then and he didn't see it.only thinking that because the way the owner acted and what he gave me with it if it need something it got it

danemayer

Hi Bigcountry1013,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You didn't mention whether this is a previously owned unit, but since you described wet, rotted wood and didn't ask about warranty, I'm guessing you're not the first owner.

You're going to need to find the point where water is getting in and fix that. Sounds like maybe the caulking has not been maintained. You may need to carefully inspect all of the caulking and fix any problem areas.

When you have water intrusion affecting the sidewalls, you may also find that it causes the sidewall to delaminate, producing large bubbles in the exterior surface. So it's important to get this fixed asap.

Hopefully some of the people here can provide guidance on how to repair the damage. If not, you may have to get assistance from a repair shop. Many people have found that independents who just do repairs often do better work with faster turnaround than to dealers.