How to manually operate slide on 33TBUDS?

hitek7

How is this done. About the 3rd time to put slide in and the back one is stuck about halfway. Was going to check breaker/fuse but guess what, the bedroom door will not open since the slide is halfway in. A design flaw that will be discussed elsewhere. Any suggestions? The camper has to be removed from lot tomorrow.

tmcran

How is this done. About the 3rd time to put slide in and the back one is stuck about halfway. Was going to check breaker/fuse but guess what, the bedroom door will not open since the slide is halfway in. A design flaw that will be discussed elsewhere. Any suggestions? The camper has to be removed from lot tomorrow.

Do you have 12 volt power to other parts of RV? If not might hook up TV and use power from it to get slide in. If you have power then get someone to push slide as you use the switch and see if you can move it. Not familiar with you unit,but should be a crank for manual use. I'm sure others will have more info for you.

hitek7

It has power and the other 2 slides work fine. Is there a manual anywhere that would show exactly where the motor is? I do not want to tear anymore of the underneath off than I have to.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Try contacting Heartland with your VIN and explain the situation. They may be able to guide you.

danemayer

It has power and the other 2 slides work fine. Is there a manual anywhere that would show exactly where the motor is? I do not want to tear anymore of the underneath off than I have to.
I don't know that there's a manual that shows the location of the motor. If another 33TBUDS owner doesn't chime in with the answer, you'll definitely need to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

And the motor might not be underneath the trailer. It might be accessed from inside. So I wouldn't start tearing things apart until you get an answer.

hitek7

Was told by customer service that there was a hole in the frame to access the shaft. Have not found this hole and running out of people to talk with. Headed back now to try my luck again.

JohnDar

With that floor plan blocking the door with the slide in, that sounds like a probability. From the manual I linked, it has to allow access to the end of the motor so you can use the drive.

Did you find out how to do it? I've got the same model and and been up and down, in and out of the trailer and I'm not too sure either where it is for all of the slides. I have been dreading the day that it doesn't work for me, either setting up, or taking down.

In my bag of manuals I did get a flimsy type of extended screwdiver type of thing, but haven't found out where it goes, or how that little thing is going to get the dinette/couch back in place. I looked in the manual also that I got, but it's not very helpful either.

JohnDar

Don't know why, but I can't open any .pdf files from Norco. Either the one above or from their website. Have they gone all "proprietary" on us? Anyways, the flexible driver you have is to attach to the end of the motor armature that sticks out the back of the motor. You then use an electric drill to operate it. That's if you can get to it. It's similar to how those of us with hydraulic slides would manually operate our system should the pump motor fail.

Edit: seems the file problem is between IE10 and Google Chrome. So, if you go up a few posts and open the link, you'll see how the flexible driver shaft is used.

On mine there really is no rails to see underneath. It's all enclosed under there. IF I do have this problem, I don't want to start cutting that up. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of enclosing the underbelly?

I have seen other posts where the motor is on TOP of the slide. I hope that's not the case, don't carry a ladder with me too!

RuralPastor

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The coroplast (underbelly sheeting) is only between the I-beams. The 3/4" hole is on the I-beam side (web) that faces the curb side.

On mine there really is no rails to see underneath. It's all enclosed under there. IF I do have this problem, I don't want to start cutting that up. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of enclosing the underbelly?

I have seen other posts where the motor is on TOP of the slide. I hope that's not the case, don't carry a ladder with me too!

hitek7

Did you find out how to do it? I've got the same model and and been up and down, in and out of the trailer and I'm not too sure either where it is for all of the slides. I have been dreading the day that it doesn't work for me, either setting up, or taking down.

In my bag of manuals I did get a flimsy type of extended screwdiver type of thing, but haven't found out where it goes, or how that little thing is going to get the dinette/couch back in place. I looked in the manual also that I got, but it's not very helpful either.

I found all the information I needed after contacting the people I purchased it from (RV Wholesales). Northland customer service was of no help to me. Luckily, my problem was a loose connection on the terminal block up by the battery, After tightening, I was good to go.

I did figure out that I am going to remove the door going into the bunkroom and replace it with a curtain or accordion style door because you cannot open the door if the bunkroom slide is all the way in or partially in and you have to be able to get in the room to manually operate the slide. If you have the same model camper, the slide motors are on top of the slides between the slide ceiling and roof and are accessed from the interior. The trim comes together in the center of the slide on top and there is a block of trim that has to be removed to use the tool you received (luckily you got a tool as I did not receive one with purchse).