How to replace a broken shower skylight on a 2013 Big Country

I have found a replacement skylight for over my shower, but am wondering about the best way or product to use to remove the old sealant. Most of the sealants I have seen in Youtube videos are a chalky white. The sealant on our rig is black. I am concerned about the membrane.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just about two months ago I replaced my skylight.
Remove the screws, #2 square drive, and carefully scrape the caulk with a plastic scraper.
There should also be a layer of butyl caulk under the lip of your skylight.
Be sure to have a roll of butyl caulk and a tube of black self leveling caulk that is compatible with your roof material. Probably Dicor brand self leveling.

Peace
Dave

sengli

While its warm out, just remove and reseal as needed. Dicor self leveling sealant is what your going to need. It comes colors, like caulk for your house which includes both black and white

Just about two months ago I replaced my skylight.
Remove the screws, #2 square drive, and carefully scrape the caulk with a plastic scraper.
There should also be a layer of butyl caulk under the lip of your skylight.
Be sure to have a roll of butyl caulk and a tube of black self leveling caulk that is compatible with your roof material. Probably Dicor brand self leveling.

Peace
Dave
Thanks Dave, Got it done

While its warm out, just remove and reseal as needed. Dicor self leveling sealant is what your going to need. It comes colors, like caulk for your house which includes both black and white
It was definitely warm out. Tackled it in the AM and in the afternon it hit 99 out. The Dicor was easy to use.