Hydraulic landing gear, hydraulic slides, Furnace and switches not working

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I pulled a rookie mistake and mistook the red wire coming from the coach as the positive connection and the white one as the negative. I switched them around and all systems now work.

Thanks again to a very helpful community!!

Hats off to you all

Kris
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Kris, you told me you were 100% certain everything was hooked up correctly. :):):)
Glad your back in business.
Is this a great forum with great helpful people or what.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Phatkd

The saga continues,....

So I went out to the BH to check on the status today and the batteries were totally drained overnight (I didn't leave anything on, however I didn't turn off the batteries using the switch). I left it plugged into shore power but somehow the 110v isn't charging the batteries.

Thoughts?

TedS

re: rookie mistake. My rig has red + and white -. Are Canadian rigs wired opposite US? As to overnight draw down, something is drawing a lot of current even though everything is 'off'. Is your converter connected to AC and is it delivering to charge your batteries? Pull all DC fuses then reinsert one at a time to find what is drawing current.

danemayer

Kris,

Your last post about the white wire being positive voltage seemed unlikely. RED is generally used for positive. I'd suggest you unplug from shore power and disconnect the batteries. Then use a volt-ohm meter to verify which wire is really supposed to be hot. One of those wires from the battery goes to the circuit breaker buss bar. The breakers have a copper buss bar that conducts voltage to all the breakers. The battery connection is to that copper buss bar. That's the positive/hot wire from the battery.

Use your battery charger to recharge the batteries out of the RV.

Use the 12V guide I linked to in post #4 to diagnose the problem.

If you actually reversed polarity yesterday, you may have blown the power converter fuses.

If you don't have a volt-ohm meter, it's going to be very hard to figure out what's wrong. You might need to get local help.

Btw, batteries don't usually do well after being completely discharged. Hopefully yours will still work well.