If you see

GeneF

a Caliber 26rlss going down the road between PA, NH, DE and Fl, with lemon written across the rear window, just honk and wave. After two attempts by Camping World and one by LaMesa, the slide on this tt is still not fixed and recently it has slipped so that I can put 1 finger on the top on the left side and two fingers at the top on the right side. My last contact with Heartland customer service resulted in my being told that they would do no more and that the slide was simply out or adjustment. Take it up with Camping World. Then why can't anyone fix it. My Dw and I are on a four month trip, every time we open or close the slide, we pray as it squeaks and groans to open or close. We have resorted to only opening the slide enough to access the bathroom. In the past two years, this slide had failed on the fourth day of a long trip. Resulting in a lot of time lost and anxiety on my part and my wife's part. The story is long but after campingworld having the trailer for approximately a total of 9 months and LaMesa sayin they fixed it after one day, I have been able to use the trailer for about 12 months. I have had to change travel plans, reservations and spend time in places that I had never intended to be. I even offered to take the trailer to Elkhart but I was told that the tt would have to be scheduled into the production line BUT that they had people in the area that did work for them. I am sure they were factory trained. If I have sounded frustrated in this post and some of my others, yes, I am. I thought I bought quality not an Edsel. So, please honk and wave.

Jim.Allison

Sometimes you just gotta get down there and do it yourself. I find that if I study something hard enough and I look at ti long enough, I can find the problem. I almost would rather fix and make adjustments myself so that I do not risk damage by any service personnel. Its not rocket science and I find it entertaining and enjoyable. A good cool beer, a good diagnoses and a good repair is so satisfying. And I find that my rig is on my hands and not sitting lonely on a lot waiting for the not so delicate hands of a service department.

Now I know what you are thinking. You are thinking; Why should I do that work myself, when I have this warranty, they should do it. And to that I say you are absolutely right.

BTW be careful of the Po-Po. You may be in violation of the prime directive and article 1 through 10. :cool:

a Caliber 26rlss going down the road between PA, NH, DE and Fl, with lemon written across the rear window, just honk and wave. After two attempts by Camping World and one by LaMesa, the slide on this tt is still not fixed and recently it has slipped so that I can put 1 finger on the top on the left side and two fingers at the top on the right side. My last contact with Heartland customer service resulted in my being told that they would do no more and that the slide was simply out or adjustment. Take it up with Camping World. Then why can't anyone fix it. My Dw and I are on a four month trip, every time we open or close the slide, we pray as it squeaks and groans to open or close. We have resorted to only opening the slide enough to access the bathroom. In the past two years, this slide had failed on the fourth day of a long trip. Resulting in a lot of time lost and anxiety on my part and my wife's part. The story is long but after campingworld having the trailer for approximately a total of 9 months and LaMesa sayin they fixed it after one day, I have been able to use the trailer for about 12 months. I have had to change travel plans, reservations and spend time in places that I had never intended to be. I even offered to take the trailer to Elkhart but I was told that the tt would have to be scheduled into the production line BUT that they had people in the area that did work for them. I am sure they were factory trained. If I have sounded frustrated in this post and some of my others, yes, I am. I thought I bought quality not an Edsel. So, please honk and wave.

GeneF

Jim No, I do not believe that I could fix this myself. The whole slide is out of wack and will take some lifting and undoing of the cable system. Beyond this senior's ability. The trailer is no longer in warantee but this problem has been there since day one. I didn't see that the slide was not aligned properly until after I bought it and took it to Florida. Heartland now says that this is an adjustment that needs to be done from time to time. My contention is that this is a defect and Heartland should stand behind the product. They seem to have no problem paying Camping World or La Mesa for work not done correctly. Yes, I have talked to customer service more than once about the problem. this is only one of many many problems I have had with this trailer. I don't think I could have replaced the entire front of the trailer by myself. I just wish there was a lemon law for tt's. All I want is for this trailer to be fixed correctly and for Heartland to stand behind their product. If this happened after the warrantee, then I would not be able to say anything but this has been an ongoing problem from the first day.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Gene, if this has been an issue from day1. I would take another run at HL service. I am assuming that you have talked to HL service directly before and not just been talking through your dealer. Explain exactly what has happened. HL has all the service records of who..how..and why. Ask nicely for help and you just might get it. If they do offer to help you...ask them to direct you an independent shop that will do warranty for HL that is close to you. BTW, I have not heard too many nice things about CW service. I hope you get help....good luck.

donr827

Bob has the right way to do it. If a customer service agent told you that a slide needs to be adjusted every now and then should not have his job. Never had to adjust a slide.......Don

Jim.Allison

Yes it is difficult for a senior to accomplish. It does take a lot of effort. My wife calls this activity RV yoga, It keeps me stretched out. It takes several hours to identify the problem, and an obsessive compulsive disorder to develop a plan to fix it. A good diagnosis, a good plan and a teenager might get the job done. Teen age boys like a beer. LOL

Jim No, I do not believe that I could fix this myself. The whole slide is out of wack and will take some lifting and undoing of the cable system. Beyond this senior's ability. The trailer is no longer in warantee but this problem has been there since day one. I didn't see that the slide was not aligned properly until after I bought it and took it to Florida. Heartland now says that this is an adjustment that needs to be done from time to time. My contention is that this is a defect and Heartland should stand behind the product. They seem to have no problem paying Camping World or La Mesa for work not done correctly. Yes, I have talked to customer service more than once about the problem. this is only one of many many problems I have had with this trailer. I don't think I could have replaced the entire front of the trailer by myself. I just wish there was a lemon law for tt's. All I want is for this trailer to be fixed correctly and for Heartland to stand behind their product. If this happened after the warrantee, then I would not be able to say anything but this has been an ongoing problem from the first day.

GeneF

Bob I have talked to Heartland Customer Service and to a point, they were very helpful and I appreciated it. However, all of a sudden Mike told me that it now was an adjustment and they would not cover it especially since the rig was out of warrantee. I have found out that Camping World in St Augustine will take another look at the rig when I get back to Fl in September. I am just hoping that the slide continues to work until then. We are only opening it enough to use the bathroom unless we are at a place for a week or more. I don't want to get stuck on the road with a slide that will not go in or out. As far as the slide needing an adjustment, this is a cable driven slide. I had hoped that Heartland would okay another look at it at a dealer of their choice. Camping World and La Mesa RV are authorized dealers.