Im a newbie and looking to find out to why buy a Heartland

Tumble Weed

Im a newbie and looking to find out to why buy Heartland. IM leaning towards a big horn or a RV 38 - 40 for full timer.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Im a newbie and looking to find out to why by Heartland

Welcome to the forum. This is a great resource for information.
We have owned two Bighorns. Loved the last one and love this one.
I think Heartland has great customer service. And they make a great coach.
Not to mention this great forum and the Heartland family of owners.

Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Why buy a Heartland product? Customer service.

CliffP

Welcome to the forum and happy shopping! Can't say enough good things about Heartland RVs and their customer service.

Cliff and Mindy

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE, this forum, well built coach, outstanding owner support, a great owners club/rally network, and oh yea, did I mention customer service.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
When we got ours, we were looking for a new rig and wanted to go from TT to 5er. We went to the Tulsa OK spring RV show. We looked at an ocean of RVs; so many that we could not remember which one had what anymore, except the Heartland. It was the only one that stuck in both mine and DWs mind. She loved the layout as did I and the build quality stuck with me. I knew nothing about the owners club at the time so I had no influence from this site. We left and went to eat dinner and discuss it and went back and bought the Sundance.

If you have the opportunity to go to a RV show, I suggest that you do so or even a dealer with multiple brands and compare.

Welcome to the forum and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

csmdla

We have a 2011 Heartland Landmark Augusta and RV full-time -- I love the ease of setting this up -- we have the electric 50 amp auto roll-up -- also have the auto-level system which takes only a few minutes to stabilize the trailer (it proved itself when we were in a tropical storm in FL & the winds were 65 mph -- we sat like a rock and barely moved -- it stayed grounded) -- we also like how it is so easy to pull on the road -- don't even feel the trailer behind the truck -- I love to take it out on the road and drive it more than my husband. These trailers are well built and I have been corrected that they are a "coach"; not a trailer. Mary Andrews, Heartland Owners Club member

MTPockets

Big Horn, Big Country, & Landmarks are all warrantied for full-time use. We toured manufacturing plants of four quality, competing builders last September and decided that the Landmark/Big Horn plant did it best. We went with the Big Horn for the size we wanted and ordered some of the Landmark upgrades.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Im a newbie and looking to find out to why buy Heartland. IM leaning towards a big horn or a RV 38 - 40 for full timer.

There are quite a few of us on this forum that have been Heartland product owners fo many years now. Some of us have traded our first Heartland product for a newer Heartland product. That said, most people recgonize that Heartland packs a lot of value into their products for the dollar you spend. The more significant reason to own a Heartland product is their customer service. The group of people in the customer service department are your best advocate and want you to be a happy customer. Another reason to purchase a Heartland product is this here awesome forum. It has been around for almost as long as Heartland has. We have many well trained and experienced owners with tons of great information. I have to say that this forum surpasses any other on the Internet. We are a family here and look forward to you joining us.

Good luck with your search,
Mark

rick_debbie_gallant

Why buy a Heartland?! Is there anything else out there? We love our 3670RL! We have looked at many newer Heartlands and of different name plates (Landmark, Big Country as well as the toy haulers and CANNOT find any model we like better than the one we have. However, with my large frame (18.25 hand [non-equine]) and weight of pretty close to 22 stones a larger shower would be nice. Them surfaces are cold!!!!! And on more than one occasion I have bumped either the hot or cold water faucet and been very surprised at the outcome. either too hot or too cold!

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
I have an 08 bighorn and it has been a great rig. Since I bought mine they have done nothing but improve on the origional design, such as slam doors like a class A and many other things such as a better floor, better roof design and great customer service. I have never had mine in the shop except for a few minor items which I have fixed myself. My opinion you can't go wrong

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Customer Service is 2nd to none, products are good quality and you can't beat the Heartland owners family!

Hi newbe. Along with the other comments, I would like to add one more good one. Last week March 29 was the 4 year anniversy as a fulltimer in my 09 Big Horn 3370RL. Fit and finish inside and outside was top notch, and still is. The comfort level is verry high, this is not camping, this is living. I can't comment on customer service, because I have not had any issues. So pick the Hartland of your choice, and go for it.

wdk450

Why buy a Heartland?! Is there anything else out there? We love our 3670RL! We have looked at many newer Heartlands and of different name plates (Landmark, Big Country as well as the toy haulers and CANNOT find any model we like better than the one we have. However, with my large frame (18.25 hand [non-equine]) and weight of pretty close to 22 stones a larger shower would be nice. Them surfaces are cold!!!!! And on more than one occasion I have bumped either the hot or cold water faucet and been very surprised at the outcome. either too hot or too cold!

Rick:
Re, Bumping the (loose) shower knobs:
I had the same problem, and got 2 medium sized (1 1/2 inch radius), wide rubber bands (I think from a misc rubber band pack from WalMart) - one Red and One Blue. I doubled these around once or twice and put them behind the knobs, between the knob and the fixture chrome. This puts a gentle stop on the knobs and identifies hot and cold, too.

wdk450

Heartland is special in that they will allow you to use ANY servicer you please for warranty work WITH PRIOR AUTHORIZATION FROM THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT PHONE NUMBER ON THE "Portal" Page. You don't HAVE to go to the dealer if you don't want to. Authorizations for this are routine.

We have a great Owners Group Website here, with very little restrictions on what you say. There have been angry, critical posts about Heartland here, and most other brands websites won't allow that. And things usually get resolved. Heartland often goes above and beyond what they are legally required to do.

I saw that the next rally in Texas is in October - if you haven't bought by then, you could still attend and meet owners in person. Here is a link to the rally: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...ne-10-5-2012-to-10-7-2012?p=235298#post235298

Happy RVing, and I hope you are happy with your RV purchase whatever brand it is!