Independent Suspension by MoreRyde

Dave49

I am seriously considering having the MoreRyde Independent Suspension installed on my 2011 Bighorn 3670RL due to the fact that I have the frame flex problem that will eb fixed in the very near future and want to eliminate this from happeing again. I have been quoted around $2700 for this by MoreRyde. Also another $2800 to add the disc brakes to it.

My question to all of you is this. Do you think it would benefit with the frame flex as far as the IS? I just don't want this happeing again as this is my home. The brakes I understand would be better than what I have but not a neccessity. Also, will MoreRyde be at the rally and be giving discounts to rally attendee's?

Thanks in advance.
Dave

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Dave,
I think your thinking is spot on and is exactly why we added IS to our coach.

Because there is a solid axle between the wheels, when one goes over a large bump or pothole, it will actually tilt the opposite wheel. More importantly, it puts just a little more stain on the spring hangers when it does that. The same could be said for tight turns especially backing up. The IS allows each wheel to operate separately and removes some of the strain on the frame.

Also, when the IS is installed, Mor Ryde places a spacer between the IS and the frame. The spacer is used to allow the coach to ride level so the dimensions of it change depending on your setup but the spacer also spreads out the load over a larger area of the frame instead of just 3 points down each side. In my case, they installed a 2" X2" square tubing to obtain the correct ride height but it is almost 6' long.

You can see it in this picture that was taken before it was painted.
IMAG1244.jpg
Another picture of the end of it
IMAG1246.jpg

We hope by doing this that it will put the odds in our favor having zero issues for years to come.
We also had them add disc brakes while we were there. The difference between buying the parts to do it myself and what they charge including the labor, it just wasn't worth waiting till our shoes needed to be replaced. There is a lot of over lapping labor between the two operations, so if you are even thinking about changing them to disc, now would be the time to do it.

I have no idea if they are going to be at Goshen or even offer a special package. I guess Jim B. would be the one to ask.

porthole

Retired
If you don't mind spending the $5700 and getting first rate service and product I would say go for it.

I would skip the "never-lube" option they have available.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have the IS/disc brakes and never lube bearings. Mor-Ryde is a top notch class act company and we have not regretted getting it changed. I feel it is a great investment in our safety and the coaches ride and adds to the value of your RV.