Insulation

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Larry, Im a true believer in the more lites the better. I dont know what your TV is, not in your sig. Heres the rub on not hooking the mid-ship turn lites on a seperate wire from the TV. When you apply the brakes they will lite up unless they are on seperate wire from the TV. I wired mine seperate and takes a little more work but its not really that hard to do. The extra ones I put on were 1 on each slide, 1 at the bottom front of the body and 1 between the front and mid-ship lite. Heres some pix. Bob:D

Attachments

• trailer mods 024 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 024 (Large).jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 43
  • trailer mods 026 (Large).jpg
    trailer mods 026 (Large).jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 41

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
iLooks great Bob. I was a HDT mechanic for years and then a fleet mgr for a few more. You would think I would have thought about the mid turns before doing this...but NOOOO..now I have to do it twice:(

Ray, for a small fee I will let use use my garage for old times sake...:)

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Larry,
Nice mod you made and thank you for sharing. Let us know if you end up getting that molded rear cap. Will be interesting to see how much insulation was really there to begin with. Well I went back to lookat your pictures and realized you would have to give up your rear bumper and cool wagon carrier if you added the molded rear cap. Maybe not worth it.

Mark

Bob&Patty

Larry, did I not see that you have a GMC or are you screwing with me. If you look under the rear of the your truck you will see a square connector. It should have 4 seperate connectors in it. If its like mine there should be 2 lite blue wires in 2 seperate connectors. they are the turn bulb wires. I spliced in a wire from each and installed a seperate 4 prong trailer connector by the Horn wiring plug (7 wire). Ran the wires up through the front cover under the bedroom. If you take the front compartment door latch (hold open) and the pin box trim off you can pull the wires through with 2 coat hangers or a long stiff wire. Then I ran them inside the wire harness that runs down each side. You will have to remove the screws from the lower skirting to run the wires. I did use split tube to protect the wires. You might want the run a wire for back up lites while you running wires. Inside of the electrical box on the pin box there is a blunt cut wire for back up lites. Yellow I think. CRS setting in. I could post pix if you like. BTW, since you are adding things to your sig and screwing with me...its "I" before "E" except after "C" (view):p Bob:D

Last edited:

SouthernNights

Larry, did I not see that you have a GMC or are you screwing with me......... you are adding things to your sig and screwing with me...its "I" before "C" except after "C" (view):p Bob:D
:D:D:D

Sorry Bob couldnt resist. I do have a GMC but keep forgetting to add. Thanks for the reminder.

I will check for the wires you mentioned. and roof mounted flood/backup lights are difinatley in the near future. I am also going to pull one for a camera.

I think I read where you work at a GM dealer. If you have access to service bulletins, would you see if there is one on electric door locks locking by themselves?

Bob&Patty

Larry, yes I still do..part time. When you say lock by themselves. Need to know more info..when..where...how. I will be glad the look into it for you. Just for grins and giggles.....does your truck have an aftermarket alarm installed??? BTW, "VEIW" is spelled "VIEW":D:D:D:D:D:D Bob:D

SouthernNights

Mi truc loks the dowrs awl bi temselfs weater the ki is en th swit ar knot. dowr could bee open ar knot.
Know alrm-1st tym eye had 2 git onstar 2 open doar. sense then, it will lok with winder opin or shut.
it kan bee 5 minuts afdter shuttin truk off or 30 minuts.

rick_debbie_gallant

Larry, did I not see that you have a GMC or are you screwing with me. If you look under the rear of the your truck you will see a square connector. It should have 4 seperate connectors in it. If its like mine there should be 2 lite blue wires in 2 seperate connectors. they are the turn bulb wires. I spliced in a wire from each and installed a seperate 4 prong trailer connector by the Horn wiring plug (7 wire). Ran the wires up through the front cover under the bedroom. If you take the front compartment door latch (hold open) and the pin box trim off you can pull the wires through with 2 coat hangers or a long stiff wire. Then I ran them inside the wire harness that runs down each side. You will have to remove the screws from the lower skirting to run the wires. I did use split tube to protect the wires. You might want the run a wire for back up lites while you running wires. Inside of the electrical box on the pin box there is a blunt cut wire for back up lites. Yellow I think. CRS setting in. I could post pix if you like. BTW, since you are adding things to your sig and screwing with me...its "I" before "C" except after "C" (view):p Bob:D

ware i wnt to schol it waz "I" b4 ""E"" except after "C"........:rolleyes::cool::p

Bob&Patty

HUH?????????:confused: m swry i sad aniting. bu dat spans wat hapenz. wif dat i ken ce wat mit cuas dat. bo

SouthernNights

Larry,
Nice mod you made and thank you for sharing. Let us know if you end up getting that molded rear cap. Will be interesting to see how much insulation was really there to begin with. Well I went back to lookat your pictures and realized you would have to give up your rear bumper and cool wagon carrier if you added the molded rear cap. Maybe not worth it.

Mark

Thank you. I did find insulation at the top behind the marker lights.

If I did put on the rear cap, all I have to do is extend the rear bumper support tubes about 8". The wagon carrier is not welded to the tubes but rather bolts "around" the bumper support tubes.
The factory did tell me the cap is just that-a cap. Rear exterior wall is there so it really can't be that big of project-just afraid what they would charge for just the cap:eek:

And on another note-I finished 8th grade twice which gives me a 16th grade education Gus:p

Bob&Patty

Larry, I checked on your issue. We have never had that problem at our dealer. I talked to all 4 15A techs and they seem to think that there might be a "logic-lock" in the BCM. The On-Star should not have caused what is happening. Might take it to your dealer and have them check it out. We even did a bulletin search....nothing there. So there you have it. Bob:D PS...I finished 8th,9th and 10th.......does that make 27 years????????????????????????:confused:

SouthernNights

Thanks Bob for your effort. It really is a strange problem. I am used to leaving my keys in the truck going from jobsite to jobsite. It locked twice with the keys in the ignition. At least the second time the window was open. Twice after that with the keys in my pocket. Weird.

What is a "logic-lock"?

Bob&Patty-DW

THE BOSS OF THE OUTFIT
Larry, logic-lock is when a module thinks it knows better than you what you want it to do. Sometimes it wont reprogram to get rid of it. Then it will have to be replaced and then reprogramed to your VIN#. Need to get it back to the dealer. Bob:D PS my putor took a dive this afternoon....using pattys.