Introduction

IceGirl

Hi my name is Maria Borba. My husband (slborba) and I own a 2007 Landmark Monticello. We have been living in it since August 2014 in MD while my husband is completing his las active duty US Navy tour (30 years active). My husband has been on the forum for a few years but this is the first I've logged in.

Steve tells me I have a lot to learn and if I want to learn from the best....join the Owners Forum....so here I am. So here I am and eager to learn.

Maria

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi my name is Maria Borba. My husband (slborba) and I own a 2007 Landmark Monticello. We have been living in it since August 2014 in MD while my husband is completing his las active duty US Navy tour (30 years active). My husband has been on the forum for a few years but this is the first I've logged in.

Steve tells me I have a lot to learn and if I want to learn from the best....join the Owners Forum....so here I am. So here I am and eager to learn.

Maria

Welcome to the forum!

The best way I learned was to read the "What's New" tab every day, and just see what people are talking about regarding their rigs.

An example:
I recall back in 2011, there was talk about TowMax tire failures. What I learned was that we had them, and we needed to watch the speed, a check them every time we stopped. Well, sure enough, I caught some irregular wear while we were on a trip, so we didn't have a blowout. And we changed our tires before we had any problems.

Every day I learn something about fridges, slideouts, the roof membrane, AC, toilets, plumbing, wiring, etc. etc. -- Now it may not mean anything at the time, but I might remember "I read something about that" when something goes wrong -- or before something goes wrong, we might consider replacing or improving it.

Hope this helps! Enjoy the forum!

danemayer

Hi Maria,

Glad to see you're on board. If as Erika suggests, you just follow the interesting threads, you'll be amazed at how much you learn in a short time.

Welcome.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Welcome Maria and Steven you guy's will be amazed at what you will learn here. Like they said the "What's New" tab is full of interesting info every day. Also the topical threads for when you need info on a particular issue.
Also If you find time to check out the Modification threads, you can find some amazing Mod's on there to make your time in your RV so much more enjoyable.

Check out my tread "Project LM 365" post #1 (https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=438247&viewfull=1#post438247)
or the latest post #1317 (https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=500060&viewfull=1#post500060)
I'm having a blast on here.

And of course the many more Mod threads on here.

Some of my smallest Mod's made the biggest difference !!! You can check out my Top 10 list. https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...t-LM-365-Index?p=488737&viewfull=1#post488737

Well have fun and If you have any questions just ask. There are no dumb question here. Just ask.

Also you'll have to learn the lingo on here.

DW- Dear Wife or as I call it "Da-Wife"
SOB- Some other brand
CW- Camping World

There are a lot more someone else will jump in and give you some more.

mlpeloquin

Welcome. If you want to learn about the fifth wheel maintenance in general, go to TOOLS and HUG (Heartland Owners Guide) and read the guides. They are easy to understand and you will have access to a lot of good information.