Is Landmark and or heartland the right choice?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have a 2010 Augusta and took delivery in Dec. after alot of research and trips to see the coach up close. Everytime I go out there are problems. Door was dented on delivery, ser # on ref didn't match door (double ref) finally goyt the door, had it installed & another dent, RV shop says it should have an electrical lock, Dometic concurs. Leaks in kitchen, windows difficult to open, pencil marks there but missing border, back wall never cleaned under window so it has a gravely texture, security light works with amber light (no sense to me), had to replace thermostat on fantastic fan, overhead light not centered, & it goes on. After every trip it goes in for warranty workLast trip,Lake George w/ 3 grandaughters, slides stuck. No fluid in resovoir, took 3 qts, but where did it go? Just venting but this all has to end.

When our fluid was 3 quarts low it was due to a hydraulic cylinder in the bedroom leaking at the fitting weld. Lippert replaced the cylinder and paid for the labor to install the new one. Heartland replaced the bedroom carpet and pad which the hydraulic fluid and saturated under the bed. To see the leak I had to lift the bed and then remove the storage area decking. If you lost fluid and can't see it dripping that is probably where it went. Hope this helps. BTW, I could of replaced the cylinder myself however that would have voided the warranty.

I agree with the majority on here about having some kind of troubles with your new RVs...after reading on here along with another 2 different rv forums...most (that are on forums) have had some kind of problem, be it minor or major. However there are great manufactures out there with excellent reputations, (not just Heartland) with very good warranties...2+5...etc...I recommend to anyone wanting a new rv to do their research...read others forums, go to factory tours, know what to look for in a quality product (and if you do not know, ask someone)...above all take your time.

K

Kevin_Finn

The Landmark "competition" would be Cardinal, Cameo, Big Sky and Mobile Suites.

cszimmer

LANDMARK RUSHMORE
Just a little side note on the competition. We have had a 2008 Cardinal 2010 cameo and an 2007 Big sky. All very nice units but the Landmark rushmore by far at this point has been some of the best quality. The only thing that i would recommend to the factory is to be a little more carefull when building not to scratch ding or dent during the build process as our landmark by far had more dealer fixs for those such thing than any of our other RV's owned in the past.