Isle Royale National ParK info

bigdob24

We have a trip to the UP in August and I saw some info on this Natonal Park that's out of the way and looks worth a visit.
Looking to take a float plane over for a day to look around and maybe plan a return trip and spend a few days there.
Anyone have any recommendations or info .
Thanks
Dan

It would be a great trip for sure. I have yet to visit isle Royal myself. Though I use to live five minutes from the headquarters in Hancock Michigan. My wife and I just summer in Michigan now that we own a heartland Rv there's plenty of campgrounds in the area and two boats that make the journey to the island also. It's a journey proper transiting Lake Superior. One day it could be flat. The next day. Bring your Dramamine if you get motion sickness. One day may not be enough. There are accomidations on the island besides tent sites. You could spend an entire day looking for green stones and agates on the beach and take a hike hoping to spot a moose or hear a wolf. From the distance of course�� Oh did mention. Bring bug spray too. Overall. I would highly recommend the trip as one you would remember if you are prepared and do a little research. I like to call this area "little Alaska". There are a few hills getting here and it looks like you have the tow vehicle to handle them. If you needed any additional info. There's plenty on the internet if you use "keweenaw peninsula " as a key word. Or you could send me a pm and I could fill ya in more

2010 Ram 3500 HD traded in for new 2015 3500 HD DRW mega cab with 3.42 gears
I haven't hooked up yet, we'll see how it pulls with 17" wheels. (Pulls great !)
2014 Cyclone 3100
G614 Goodyears
Good Sam gps
Trimark keyed alike
Xantex 2000 watt inverter "Inverter Service Center"
Blue Sea System toggle source selector
L.E.D. running lights
Quadra Bigfoot levelers
Dexter wet bolts
Boyo wireless backup camera
EMS-HW50C
TST 507RV
Smittybuilt air compressor
Splendide 2100XC
26k Husky hitch
Mor Ryde pin box
6-volt 240 AH batteries
Added dinette
Replaced L.E.D. tail lights with Leading Edge Trailer light bars (made in the US)