It's this my bypass valve

ccrider

What is hole in center of Andersen valve?

Couldn't find answer on a search. Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0099.jpg
    IMAG0099.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 108

hoefler

Re: What is hole in center of Andersen valve?

Top and bottom turn the flow off to the water heater, middle one opens flow bypassing the water heater.

GWRam

Is it the vertical one?

Yes, to winterize turn the valve connecting the red and bblue lines (the vertical line) turn the valve vertical also. then turn the valves on the separate red and blue lines to vertical also. This will block antifreeze from your hot water tank and allow antifreeze through rest of your main system for winterization. You will still need to winterize your hot water tank, fresh water tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops. Posted both together. Anyway replies appreciated

The hole is designed by anderson to be a vent. Ive not seen Heartland connect any thing to it. Fresh Tanks have vent lines elsewhere, usually through frame near steps and udc. /

yport

The hole became a little bit of a pain. When quick connecting/disconnecting to my flush system water sometime squirted against that hole and shot some water inside the basement floor. Took me a while to figure out where that "leak" was coming from when I discovered a wet floor inside there one day ... lol ... put a piece of duct tape over the hole!

ccrider

Ok. Thanks everybody. Finished today. Took about 2 3/4 jugs of anti freeze. The outside shower didn't really have any pressure though which was weird. I got the pink fluid coming out but I usually get more pressure. Is it cause I'm winterizing and using the pump? You would think they put the bypass valve on the outside. Kind of a pain to take everything out of the bottom compartment just to do this.

wdk450

I believe the hole is the atmospheric outlet of the fresh water fill vent hose. This vents the air in the tank displaced as the fresh water tank is filled.

danemayer

I believe the hole is the atmospheric outlet of the fresh water fill vent hose. This vents the air in the tank displaced as the fresh water tank is filled.

That's the case with the older gravity fill. With the Anderson Valve, air is displaced through the overflow lines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Ok. Thanks everybody. Finished today. Took about 2 3/4 jugs of anti freeze. The outside shower didn't really have any pressure though which was weird. I got the pink fluid coming out but I usually get more pressure. Is it cause I'm winterizing and using the pump? You would think they put the bypass valve on the outside. Kind of a pain to take everything out of the bottom compartment just to do this.

I know . . .

I wish that Heartland would figure out that an easy access shut-off valve would be an awesome thing on the outside shower as it is just common sense that most people probably never ever use it and don't really need to have it opened up for water flow!