jbeletti's 2017 F450 Platinum Ultimate

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Re: Considering 2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate

I love my Adaptive steering it really makes a difference driving around town and my F350 turns on a dime.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dave10a

What advantages does the 2018 F series trucks have over the 2017's?

Bones

Dave - the new trucks are SO expensive. While I love my hauler bed for all it's advantages to me, I need to have the $15k it adds.

The F450 is standard with the wide-track front axle. That's why I want to stick with it and is what I have now. My 550 before that had it as well.

As far as derating, do you mean HP and torque? If yes, I believe it's a paper-derate, not an actual derate - from what I've read on other forums.

Yes on the derate. If it is only paper I like that even better. I'm banned from any new vehicles for a long time. I would agree with you as well on the RV bed cost. $$$$ Better spent on the vehicle itself.

dave10a

Doubt there are any differences of significance. But the ordering book for 2017's is closed.

I am having a hard time convincing DW that I need a new truck. So I guess I will take the truck down for an oil change at the Ford dealer and while waiting for service get talked into buying a 2018 by a pushy salesman :)

jbeletti

I am having a hard time convincing DW that I need a new truck. So I guess I will take the truck down for an oil change at the Ford dealer and while waiting for service get talked into buying a 2018 by a pushy salesman :)
Whatever it takes :)

travlingman

The derate only applies to chassis/cab configuration. The regular F-450 have the same HP and torque as the other Superduties. The HP and torque haven't been released yet. I would say they are waiting to the build starts so they can be class leading in both categories.

Here are the changes:
09/13/17
2018 SUPER DUTY® PICKUP
(F-250 / F-350 / F-450)
MAJOR PRODUCT CHANGES
Product Changes and Features Availability
Features, options and package content subject to change.
Please check www.fmcdealer.com for the most
rmation.
= New for this model year
- 1 -
Ford Division
PROPRIETARY
OVERVIEW
The 2018 Super Duty® reinforces the tough image of
the F-Series and continues to meet the needs of both comm
ercial and personal use customers. With
two Ford designed and built powertrains, an aggress
ive appearance and class exclusive features, the Su
per Duty® will continue to dominate the over 8500
lbs. segment for many years to come.
MODEL/SERIES/AVAILABILITY

XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch®, Platinum, Limited
MECHANICAL
New/Changed

F-450 4x2 (W4C)
EXTERIOR
New/Changed

4x2 F-450 (W4C) on XL, XLT, Lariat

ESOF (213) now standard on XL 4x4

Lariat standard equipment, 6” Chrome Running Boards
replaces 5” Chrome Running Boards

Moonroof, Power (Twin Panel) standard on Limited

Scuff plates on Platinum no longer illuminated

Unique Satin Grille and tailgate applique on Limited
New Colors

Stone Gray (D1)

Magma Red (E2)

Deleted Paint
Colors

Caribou

Bronze Fire
INTERIOR/COMFORT
New/Changed

Black/Dark Marsala Interior Environment (BB) available on Platinum

Camelback Two-tone Preimium Luxury Leather Seating Surfaces
(TT) available on Limited

Unique King Ranch® Antinque Affect Leather

Unique leather interior trim, leather wrapped IP, and serialized
badge on center console
SAFETY/SECURITY
New/Changed

Rear View Camera standard on XL
DRIVER ASSIST
New/Changed

Lane-Keeping Alert standard on Limited
FUNCTIONAL
New/Changed

None
PACKAGES
New/Changed

11,400 (SR

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton

My salesman here in Milwaukee Wisconsin Tells me a fully loaded 450 will list somewhere around $94,000

bdb2047

Jim,
The ford are very nice. I curious as to your decision to not get the hauler bed. Have you considered another type of hitch? Also another questions on the 450's as well as the 4500's aren't they derated? On your 450 make sure to get the wide front axle for your tight turn radius.
The C&C are derated the pickup is not. The tpms sensors work on my G114,but the valve stems supplied by Ford will not.Need .625 stems.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Considering 2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate

Worked for us, except DW was the instigator, not me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

The C&C are derated the pickup is not. The tpms sensors work on my G114,but the valve stems supplied by Ford will not.Need .625 stems.
Thanks Dave. Since the 450 is not available with TPMS for the 6 truck tires, I likely will not order the trailer TPMS option. Prefer to have all tires (truck and trailer) on the same display.

Unsure what I'll get. TST, Tireminder, other??

boatto5er

My TST found my low air pressure this afternoon. Turned on TST to check air pressures before pulling out for S. Texas rally. It gave me an alarm as soon as it cycled to that tire.

LBR

I chose not to get the trailer camera package as it is hardwired and needed to string wire to the back....the wireless Furrion observation will be my choice.

Tire minder was not problem for me either on the 450.... Will do the wireless tire minder like most others do here.

jbeletti

My TST found my low air pressure this afternoon. Turned on TST to check air pressures before pulling out for S. Texas rally. It gave me an alarm as soon as it cycled to that tire.
Awesome Gus.

I'm considering TireMinder. Unsure if I should get their A1A system or the system that uses a Smart Phone with no other in-cab display. Probably the A1A.

jbeletti

I chose not to get the trailer camera package as it is hardwired and needed to string wire to the back....the wireless Furrion observation will be my choice.

Tire minder was not problem for me either on the 450.... Will do the wireless tire minder like most others do here.

Because I prefer to have as few of additional displays in the cab as possible, I'd likely get the camera for the trailer that integrates into the Ford nav screen.

Then when I get a new demo coach, take the camera with me and order another cable.

boatto5er

TST has an awesome new color display for the model 507.

Mrsfish

Because I prefer to have as few of additional displays in the cab as possible, I'd likely get the camera for the trailer that integrates into the Ford nav screen.

Then when I get a new demo coach, take the camera with me and order another cable.

not trying to hijack the thread- but is the camera that integrates into the ford nav system a 2017 and up feature? I THINK the 2016, 2017 have the same nav system even though the trucks are different. Do you know?

Bones

Does the 450 lend itself to being converted over to air ride easier?

Alan_B

I went with aftermarket rear cameras and TPMS versus using the Ford OEM versions. Reasons? Less expensive, easier to hook up, the OEM TPMS just monitored, no low pressure alarms. Downside? Separate monitors, more dashboard clutter.

I have 4 X-Plan pins remaining, let me know if you want to use one.

Bones

How much of a discount do you get with the X plan? can you trade a vehicle in when using the X plan?