Joining the moving from here to there crowd!

hcriddle

Seems like a lot of folks are changing jobs and making moves right now so I just thought I would let folks know that Maureen and I will be leaving the warmth and sunshine (drought) of Texas for the north. I have been asked to take a position as Pastor of Discipleship and Biblical Soul Care at Harvest Bible Chapel in Rolling Meadows, IL. I will be up there to start the 20th of February and Maureen will be joining me when the house sells. I will be living in the Big Horn until she comes up to look for a home.

Lookout IL chapter we are coming, and could someone please make sure the heat is turned on before we get there.

Thanks to all the folks in Texas who have helped us get connected in the rallies and we are looking forward to meeting up with some old friends and making new ones up in the mid-west.

Any suggestions on what a southern boy needs to do to get the fifth wheel ready for living up there and to taking care of the truck in that cold will be appreciated.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Congratulations on the move Buddy, although we'll miss you. We hope to see you at another of the National rallies. I can't help you on the cold weather prep, I'm a Texas boy too and have never winterized a trailer.

Good luck and God bless.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Congratulations on your new job and your move.

If you would like to change your HOC home chapter to the Illinois Chapter just follow this link and update your addresses, your phone numbers and your club chapter.

The next Illinois rally is in September, BUT you are closer to Gillette, so maybe you could make the National rally in June.

hcriddle

Thanks Jay and Julie. I am already signed up for the national rally and sorry Jay but it looks like we will be missing the Spring rally. Tell everyone hello for us.

Julie as soon as we land somewhere where I can have an address I will get the chapter change made.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Good luck to you buddy in your new church. I'll never forget our chat in Goshen and maybe we'll see you there! God Bless.

f250dieseldad

Buddy
One thing that you are going to have to do is plug in the engine block heater on the truck. Check to see if you have one. It should be in the grill compartment up front. Goog luck to the both of you!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
The weather up there is a little different. You might need one of these. But you will eventually running around in shorts when its 25 outside thinking its warm. Good luck with the new beginning!

images.jpg

Welcome to Illinois. We will look forward to meeting you at the Illinois rally.

Clarence & Jackie Miller
Highland, Illinois

RuralPastor

Buddy and Maureen,
Welcome to the casserole culture of Illinois! And, more importantly, may God enrich your lives and those you serve at Harvest! I spent 22 years as a LEO in various state, Federal, and local levels. Now, Cindy and I travel nationwide in a ministry to rural pastors/churches. Your life experiences will prove crucial for ministry, as you already know. We will pray for your transition to this new adventure! If there are others ways we can encourage you, please let us know. Hope to meet you on the road or in the air.
Mark and Cindy

jbeletti

Buddy
One thing that you are going to have to do is plug in the engine block heater on the truck. Check to see if you have one. It should be in the grill compartment up front. Goog luck to the both of you!

Great idea John.

Buddy, I also installed a Battery Tender under the hood of my truck. I would use it in the winter when the truck was outside. The Battery Tender can be left plugged in all the time. With block heaters, I usually turn them on a couple hours before I roll. But who wants to get up 2 or 3 hours before they leave, to go plug that thing in!

Jim

hcriddle

Thanks John and Jim. I have used the block heater several times mostly out at the deer lease when it would get down into the teens. The battery tender is a good idea too.

Thanks Clarence and Mark for the welcome. I was in LE for a little over 20 years and retired about 13 years ago to go into ministry. I took some time out and served in Iraq in 06-07 training Iraqi police officers in terrorists investigations. I have been serving as senior pastor of a Harvest church plant in the Houston area for the last 4 years but this was an opportunity to have a greater impact in people's lives.

Deb hope all is going well with you guys. Look forward to seeing you and John soon. By the way grits make everything taste better. ;)

pegmikef

Good luck with your new endeavor. I feel certain your presence there will enrich many lives. We'll miss you at Spring in April. Mike, Peggy and Cameo

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Seems like a lot of folks are changing jobs and making moves right now so I just thought I would let folks know that Maureen and I will be leaving the warmth and sunshine (drought) of Texas for the north. I have been asked to take a position as Pastor of Discipleship and Biblical Soul Care at Harvest Bible Chapel in Rolling Meadows, IL. I will be up there to start the 20th of February and Maureen will be joining me when the house sells. I will be living in the Big Horn until she comes up to look for a home.

Lookout IL chapter we are coming, and could someone please make sure the heat is turned on before we get there.

Thanks to all the folks in Texas who have helped us get connected in the rallies and we are looking forward to meeting up with some old friends and making new ones up in the mid-west.

Any suggestions on what a southern boy needs to do to get the fifth wheel ready for living up there and to taking care of the truck in that cold will be appreciated.

Good Luck Buddy and Maureen!

We are moving from Kenosha, WI (just north of Rolling Meadows) to Georgia. We have gotten tired of the cold and want more heat...so moving south in 6 weeks. Sue is transferring with her company to work at the new hospital they are building in Newnan. We have a house to sell that has a driveway large to accomodate a 40' fifth wheel and a heated garage so that you don't have to plug in your truck. Will throw in a set of boots and a shovel for the snow. LOL

You will sure enjoy the Illinois Rally...we had a great time, great food and met great friends at last years rally.

We wish you the best in your new pastoral position. Hope to meet you sometime in the future.

Sue and Paul

bacaye

Buddy and Maureen....Adding another welcome to Illinois. Hopefully..we will meet you at the Illinois Rally. We are in the west central part of the state...not too far from Hannibal, MO. Mark Twain territory!! bacaye (Barb) and Bill.

truknutt

Committed Member
Buddy & Maureen,

We wish you good luck on this next chapter of your lives. Hey, you'll be closer to Goshen now, won't cha'?!!

Dave & Nona

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Congratulations on the new position. We will miss yall at the rallies but us retired HPD dudes got to do something to suppliment the lousy pension and sorry insurance. Take care and maybe we will run into you both in the future.