Just fitted a Trail-Air Tri Glide

KiwiRVer

Just fitted a Trail-Air Tri Glide pin box replacing the original Lippert 1621 pin box (the challenges of fitting same are another story). I now have the original pin box and pinbox cover (dark tan) to dispose of. Any suggestions on what I should do with these? I imagine there are more of these around than people who would be likely to want them.

Will be attending the Goshen rally if any would like them.

Cheers
Craig

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Man, that is one long drive (& one long bridge)... Better leave now! lol. Too bad Lippert doesn't buy them back at a reduced price, they wouldn't have to keep manufacturing them while people toss them away.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We sold our pin box cover on ebay. Used a local company that sells your stuff for a % of the sale, so I didn't have to ship it or anything. Got $100 for it.

Now the original pin, we sold to the scrap yard. I think we got $8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Too bad Lippert doesn't buy them back at a reduced price, they wouldn't have to keep manufacturing them while people toss them away.
This sounds like a great idea. Imagine how much money they could save? Also a better/lesser impact on the environment.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Just fitted a Trail-Air Tri Glide pin box replacing the original Lippert 1621 pin box (the challenges of fitting same are another story). I now have the original pin box and pinbox cover (dark tan) to dispose of. Any suggestions on what I should do with these? I imagine there are more of these around than people who would be likely to want them.

Will be attending the Goshen rally if any would like them.

Cheers
Craig

I kept my original pinbox and cover when I installed the Tri Glide on my 2009 Bighorn. Glad I did because I just reinstalled the original pinbox and cover and now I can install the Tri Glide on my new Landmark that is being built. The dealer would not allow me anything for my upgrades to the Bighorn on trade-in so I have removed most of them to reuse or sell. The Tri Glide cost me $1400 to install at the time and I am not about to let it go with the Bighorn on trade-in for nothing. I have removed over $3000 worth of upgrades since they only gave me trade-in based on the options when built. I ordered my Landmark with regular pinbox and NO cover so only have to worry about storing the pinbox and saved a few dollars by not buying the cover.

KiwiRVer

That's great thinking, unfortunately I don't have anywhere to store it as when we are not on the road we are home in NZ and the rig is in storage.

Theresau

Our dealer agreed to swap our Tri Glide from our current Big Horn to our new 2014 unit on order.

I kept my original pinbox and cover when I installed the Tri Glide on my 2009 Bighorn. Glad I did because I just reinstalled the original pinbox and cover and now I can install the Tri Glide on my new Landmark that is being built. The dealer would not allow me anything for my upgrades to the Bighorn on trade-in so I have removed most of them to reuse or sell. The Tri Glide cost me $1400 to install at the time and I am not about to let it go with the Bighorn on trade-in for nothing. I have removed over $3000 worth of upgrades since they only gave me trade-in based on the options when built. I ordered my Landmark with regular pinbox and NO cover so only have to worry about storing the pinbox and saved a few dollars by not buying the cover.